Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a set of real, honest-to-goodness motorcycling boots. AGV Sebring 2s. really nice boots. they have the inner lacing i want. construction is quite beefy, too - i feel well protected. but they are quite stiff!

the stiffness is such that it takes a REAL EFFORT to point my left toe enough to get under the shift lever. i figured that after the boots break-in i'd have an easier time, but it's been a couple months and still takes a conscious effort to get that toe under there. prior to the AGVs i was wearing some nicely broken-in leather timberland hiking boots and riding with those was like shifting telepathically.

so i'm wondering:
a) is this normal and something others have experienced? and
b) do you guys make adjustments to compensate or just wait for more boot break-in or do you guys rock another brand of boot that allows more ankle flexibility?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
They should be stiff, that's part of the protection. I would go ahead and adjust the controls, it will make a world of difference once the shift lever is in a comfortable position for you. The less you have to think about things like getting your toe under the shifter, the more you can concentrate on the road.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine were stiff too. I used my nephews to break mine in. They are fascinated by the SV and were only too happy to wear my boots. They took turns wearing them around for hours. When I put them back on, they were a lot less stiff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts