Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I think I might try bleeding it, but I don't think it will help. I mean, if you pull the lever in like, 10% of the way, it disengages the clutch. If there was air in the line, wouldn't that mean that you would have to pull it further for it to work? I guess bleeding it cant hurt
Thats normal, you can not change it. Maybe with a other clutch MC like longhair said.

I like the feel of it, you only need to pull the lever a little to disengages.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The SV1k has a ****** grabby feeling clutch. The only alternatives are harden up and deal with it, or transplant a cable clutch onto it. The left hand case has a casting to hold a cable outer, so it's a relatively small matter; there's a a parts list somewhere, less than USD$100 iirc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, so is there any way to adjust the hydro clutch on a SV1000S? I have the position nob so that the lever is as close to the bar as possible, but the release is still way out. Is there any way to adjust where the clutch engages on a hydro clutch??

Thanks
I filed the actuator rod down just a small fraction(like a 16th inch) and it made all the difference. Before I had to release the handle almost to full stop to engage now it's about midway. Much better now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Actually, I've been giving this some thought, and shortening the rod is a means of adjustment. But as Copper1K said (first) only take off small amounts 'til you get it where you want it.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Shortening the rod should have no affect on adjustment, the slave cylinder piston will move out towards it and stop, and naturally the master cylinder will refill the lines to compensate, as that's how it works.

If you're finding adjustment is being added by that method, then the slave cylinder piston must have a stop (generally a circlip) that prevents it from coming out any further... if that's the case, you've not added adjustment, you've added 'slop'... not particularly desirable IMHO.

You'll find that the lever has to come in slightly further so that the slave cylinder piston can take up that slop, but the grabby characteristics will remain, and surely the factory lever has enough adjustment to do the same thing (at least mine did).

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Wha??? I saw "hydraulic clutch" then I saw "adjust."

You know the WHOLE point of hydraulic clutch is that you DONT need to adjust. Am I wrong? But I'm sure someone told you that already by now.

The friction point is going to be the same as long as you are not leaking fluid. There may be a lever adjustment. I don't own a hydraulic clutched moto.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts