Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im fairly new to the SV world and i have an 07 SV650.

The angle of the gearshifter is downward to much for me. Feels like i have to have my toe pointing at the ground almost to get it under the shifter.

Is there anyway i can raise it at all? I looked at the bike and saw the piece of metal that connects the shifter to the bike and looks like if i tighten up the threads on it, it will make the shifter more level with the ground. Is this how you do it or is it even possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Hey guys, Im fairly new to the SV world and i have an 07 SV650.

The angle of the gearshifter is downward to much for me. Feels like i have to have my toe pointing at the ground almost to get it under the shifter.

Is there anyway i can raise it at all? I looked at the bike and saw the piece of metal that connects the shifter to the bike and looks like if i tighten up the threads on it, it will make the shifter more level with the ground. Is this how you do it or is it even possible?

Thanks
You change the angle by adjusting the length of the linkage between the pedal and the shift arm. To do this, you loosen the net on each side of the linkage (careful, one side is reverse threaded) then spin the rod, which backs it out of or turns it into the threaded fittings depending on the direction you turn it. This effectively changes its length.

·
Registered
827 Posts
That might not work, since adjusting the rod will only make minute changes.

The rod connects to a pinch bolt which is tightened to the shaft splines. Loosen the pinch bolt, slide it off and move backwards or forward to whatever you're comfortable with.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the first method. It worked... now i can actually ride the thing comfortably lol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Changing the spline alignment will make big changes while adjusting the connector length will allow for finer changes. I am going to be doing some adjustments on mine as soon as I get some time to work on it.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Try to get the two short levers the tie bar is attached to (one on the transmission, one on the foot shift) as parallel to each other as practical, and as perpendicular to the tie bar as practical. You may have to make adjustments to the tie bar and move the front lever a spline or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts