Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my SV1000, I hated the throttle. As smooth as I tried to be, I could not get a smooth application of throttle. . . . . It seriously made me dislike riding the bike. . . .

Until I adjusted my TPS.

Mine wasnt even THAT far off. It kicked on at around 1800 rpm. I adjusted it down to the recommended 1450(ish), and WOW.

It seriously made a huge difference.
Now the throttle is as smooth as I make it. Nice. :thumbsup:

BTW, thanks for the tip Doug.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
+1000

I finally got around to doing that last week and man is it smoother now. Mine was kicking on at 2500 and I got it down to a hair below 1500. Once I got the right torx bit it was a very easy mod to do.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I did it last week as well ... I wish I would've done it the day I first had the bike. Major differences in throttle application -- as soon as I start twisting the wrist, I start getting fuel to the engine ... woo! Mine was set high enough so I could turn it to 3000 RPM before it kicked in ... ugh.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Question for those that have done it. I've got the link to the adjustment on sv.org. But when your moving the tps and watching the lines, is the bike running? Or just in the on position? Thanx, any tips would be great, I plan on doing this on friday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
will that link for the 1000s work for the 06?

·
Registered
107 Posts
For those with throttle control issues, when you say it kicks in around 3k rpms, do you mean it just feels like one big flat spot at low rpms and then 'BANG' the power just comes on abruptly? Power delivery on my bike seems fine, so I was curious why some bikes would be set up with such an abrupt power surge.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
+1 I compare it to going from a on/off lightswitch to a dimmer switch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
man, a world of difference, did it to my bike this afternoon even though it was raining i still went out and tested it and crusin through a parkin lot or slower speeds it wasnt jerky, and comin off a light when i rolled the throttle power was there with every bit of the turn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This made riding my 03 SV enjoyable. I have had it just for 3 weeks and i was non-plussed. Now, I can ride at low speed without the engine sounding like it is going to breathe its last breath. A great, great tweak!

·
Registered
3 Posts
MAybe someone else covered this but the screws on my 2003 had little pins in themiddle of the TORX well that prevented a normal TORX bit from going in. I loosened the screws with needle nose vise grips and replaced them with Allen heads. Much easier to manage now. My TPS jumped up at about 1900 - setr to around 1450 feels better.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.