Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just slapped on a penske double over the week, but i think it's not set up right yet or i maybe cause i havnt ridden in a month. previously had a gsxr srad shock which was longer and the penske feels shorter.

instructions says loosen jam nut with 1" wrench, adjust the eyelet length, and tighten the jam nut.

so do i loosen the nut and twist the tube with my hand? is it that straight forward? i think i'm going with 13.75in. length or around there.

how much should i drop the front for better turn in.

this is a 2002 sv650s. TIA

·
Registered
505 Posts
Loosen the locknut and then just turn out the clevis by hand, then tighten the lock nut back up. Do this with the shock off of the bike so you can get an accurate measurement. On the front, drop it in 3-5mm increments and then test, find the height where the bike turns in as you like it but still remains stable at high speeds. If you have a 70 series front tire, you can start with the fork tubes 10mm above the triples and go from there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I am going to try to lengthen the shock while on the bike. To lazy to take off again, hopefully it is'nt to bad. i just need an approximated length near 13.5-14 inch. If need to I might just hang the rear or something to loosen the weight.

As for the front I currently have it at 3mm, so I guess thats a good point to start.

thanks for the reply.

G

·
linjy3 said:
I think I am going to try to lengthen the shock while on the bike. To lazy to take off again, hopefully it is'nt to bad. i just need an approximated length near 13.5-14 inch. If need to I might just hang the rear or something to loosen the weight.
make sure you have at least 10mm of tread still inside shock.not all penske shocks can get up to 14 inch lenght.
10-12mm of tread showing is as far you can safely go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts