Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to add a headlight to a 2003 r6 with track plastics, willing to cut a hole for the headlight.

need suggestions for types of headlights that would work for this application.

looking for something similar to this:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking to install a small projector type light to go in the middle of the fairing, not the oem headlight.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Trailtech sells some pretty powerful halogen stuff. Not DOT approved, but bright.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Go to the Harley Dealership, order a Buell Firebolt Lowbeam projector and boot. ~$65.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
get an hid projector... off ebay... acura TL is a good one.
Converting to HID can get expensive though can't it? For someone such as myself who doesn't rider after dark and wants to stay below $100 a cheap projector fog or two may be a good idea.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
get an hid projector... off ebay... acura TL is a good one.
Can't do that unless you find a waterproof enclosure to contain it. The Buell Firebolt Projector is weather resistant. I've rode with them in the rain many times.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The fresnel lens makes it a projector. The firebolt's use a halogen H3 bulb.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Do you only contact me when you need to borrow the trailer? I am offended. :D

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Converting to HID can get expensive though can't it? For someone such as myself who doesn't rider after dark and wants to stay below $100 a cheap projector fog or two may be a good idea.
I would say it's a $120.00 conversion. You should use projectors with HID's, but you can (usually) get away without them. You will have lights soo bright it will p*ss off everyone you ride behind.

I used BMW projectors I removed from some throw away headlamps <$0>

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Like I said I think I'll just get some ejay projector specials...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts