Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 SV650 and I need some longer brake lines. The dirtbike bars I just put on require that I put on longer brake lines. Previous owner put on some really low bars and had what look like custom brake lines. I am guessing I need something close to stock but these may be the stock length. The current lines are 31 and 29 inches long and I would probably need at least 34 and 32 inches. Could anyone that has these tell me how long these two lines would be if I order them for an 03+ SV650?
1. Goodridge 2-Line Sport Bike Brake Lines
2. Galfer Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Thanks for the help.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
are the lines still hooked up?

I ran my lines behind the triple trees to get the extra couple inches.

the lines are ziptied to the fork

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Well intended ..........
That still looks too tight Zach - remember the fork has to be able to unload too.
They need to be good when at full extension - that appears marginal.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Well intended ..........
That still looks too tight Zach - remember the fork has to be able to unload too.
They need to be good when at full extension - that appears marginal.
there's room.

i've had it on the headstock stand with no issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are still on, but I have looked at it every way I can and I can not get enough room. I will take a second look. I am guessing that ordering the stock ss 03+ SV650 lines would be cheaper than custom. Only problem is that no one can tell me how long those are. I have emailed a seller and they have no clue, so I thought I would ask here.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
The ones you have should work.

but lines for a naked model will work for sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike is naked, but I am assuming that the lines the previous owner put on it are for an SV650s. I hate to drop 90 bucks on lines that are the same size. I will take your advise and see if I can run them the way you did tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
yeah, i bet there're 'S' lines, when i put ProTaper's on my 05 nekkid, other than taking a couple 'stays' off the cables/lines they worked just peachy!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I rushed home and re-routed the brake lines under the triples as Zach recommend. It still won't reach (that is by a solid 2 or 3 inches and that is without zip tying them to anything).

So, back to my original question. Can someone please measure their Goodridge or Galfer Stainless Steel Brake Lines made for the naked sv650? I just ran a string up the line and then measured the string and came up with 30 and a half inches on one and 29 inches on the other.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Custom lines aren't terribly expensive, or you could just call Galfler or whoever and explain your situation, they'll tell you how long their lines for the SVN/SVS is and what other bikes might work.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Okay, I rushed home and re-routed the brake lines under the triples as Zach recommend. It still won't reach (that is by a solid 2 or 3 inches and that is without zip tying them to anything).

So, back to my original question. Can someone please measure their Goodridge or Galfer Stainless Steel Brake Lines made for the naked sv650? I just ran a string up the line and then measured the string and came up with 30 and a half inches on one and 29 inches on the other.
those are S model lines, galfer will have lines in the correct length.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, I just ordered Galfer SV650 stock +3. It only cost me an extra 10 bucks for the peace of mind. Thanks for the replies and help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts