Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got an 04 gixxer sixxer. It was $4k, has 5200 miles, and was dropped by only has small scratches on the back and side fairings.

Its pretty fast, but you really have to wind it out to get any power out of it.  I think I will still like my SV for cruisin around town in.  I like the SV for the instant torque, and its light and fun.

But I think I'll like this bike too.  I do like clip ons better than the sv handlebars. Its more comfortable for me to ride.  The stock gixxer brakes are better than the SV, and the stock seat is very confortable. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sounds like a good score; well done... 8)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Great price. I've spent a good amount of time on top of an '04 gix six....they're a real blast. Bikes are very reliable and well built(moreso than...dare I say...the SV).

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i know the reason it doesn't have any torque..... its yellow now if it was blue it be quick as hell. but yah any way its not a bad looking bike. i plan to get a gixxer 750 in the next year or two.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
nice bike indeed - title was all good to huh??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Novadesigns said:
Oh that's very nice! I love that color, its my favorite GSX-R600! You lucky guy. :)
Yeah the last couple years colors really suck. The 2004 has the yellow/black which I like more than any colors.

·
Registered
301 Posts
this is coming from the owner of a 02 yellow SV650 rider that is biased toward yellow in general but that is beautiful and you are lucky.

must be nice deciding while walking out to that pair with a key in each pocket

fantastic price and a beauty can't beat that

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My friends GFs aunts son is joining the military, and they just wanted the payoff for it. Plus, it already had aftermarket exhaust and turn signals, so it really was a good deal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice looking bikes man-great price on the 600

clear tailights are ghey though ;D

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Dude - go work on some more Carbon Fiber stickers

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
crotchrocketfan said:
And why would clear tailights be gay? I know why...cause LordMDP says so.  He sets the standard on which mods are cool and which are not. There is only one way to ride a bike and that is the LordMDP way!
LOL

·
Registered
370 Posts
That is a great bike and great price. Enjoy your purchase. I would love to have one of those in my stable also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts