Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a 12v Powerlet power accessory outlet on my 08 SVS. Handy for the compressor and some other stuff that I take touring.

I will be adding a 12v cigar style outlet in the fairing at a later date.

Here is one pic and others at http://sv650.metromain.net/index.php?x=powerlet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cool! I was thinking of doing this, but I would want the cigarette style for use with the GPSr on longer trips. The problem with that is the power adapter for my GPS has a huge speaker on it, nice for the car, but not so much for on the bike. Let us know how the fairing addition works out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is a great location for that -- took me a while to spot it, even though it is right in the middle of the picture! Good job. Did you add the fuse block I had in the other thread or go with something different?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a great location for that -- took me a while to spot it, even though it is right in the middle of the picture! Good job. Did you add the fuse block I had in the other thread or go with something different?
Got all the parts for the distribution block but not installed yet. At present the outlet is fused straight off the battery but easy enough to move to the distribution block at a later time.

EDIT: btw I got it from http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/Socket_Kits/socket_kits.html They have something for every application.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice... another mod that I will be planning to do to my bike, when I return to the States...

·
Registered
406 Posts
i put one in the exact same position.

great for the compressor.

i used to have a heated jacket plugged in, but i noticed i kick the plug when i change positioning for cornering and stuff.

i re-wired a specific plug for the jacket liner that is more...streamlined.

i use a 15A fuse for the 12V outlet (and the jacket liner too i believe).

great touring addition.

in retrospect, if it's cold enough that i need heated jacket liner, maybe i shouldn't be riding at such a spirited pace that i kick the plug accidentally leaning over haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts