Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an acquaintance just got a gs500f. here was his recent post. I'll let you pick out all the stupid here. 0 experience rider obvi.

I signed up for MSF course, starting June 18th. Ordered all the gear
online waiting for it... I couldnt wait so I took it out for a ride
without gear... I was only going up to 35 in 3rd gear, still getting
used to shifting and braking. I kinda like rear brake better than the
front. The front is way too sensetive and I almost fell over a couple
times when I squeezed too hard in panic.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I hope you're (counter) steering him in the right direction!

Sorry... couldn't help myself...

:facepalm:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Call me a dumbie but I always thought that a fully faired first bike is just not a great idea. Hope he is doing ok and his one oops doesn't put him off of riding

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably what I sounded like when I got off a bike for the first time. Haha, but the front brakes being too sensitive, hasn't he ever ridden a bicycle?

I rode a 250 ninja for a little while just to get the hang of riding and then got my sv650. My uncle rode it back for me and when I get in my garage, I'm like, ok ya gotta show me all buttons etc and what they do. First thing I ask is where's the choke? He just looked at me with such a disappointed face. Haha. Love me some fuel injection, I had no idea. Ever since I've been trying educate myself so I don't sound like 'that guy.' Ha.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Call me a dumbie but I always thought that a fully faired first bike is just not a great idea. Hope he is doing ok and his one oops doesn't put him off of riding

not the end of the world. gs500 fairings are like $100 a side on ebay.

·
Registered
826 Posts
not the end of the world. gs500 fairings are like $100 a side on ebay.
+1, and thats assuming you need them. my ninja 250 went down quite a few times with very minor scrapes and no need for fairing replacement

·
Registered
850 Posts

At the end of the day, just be glad he chose a bike that "looks" good, instead of one that "looks good and is way out of his league" like a lot of stupid people do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Like the airman that came to our squadron, taking about wanting to get a gixxer 1000 for a first bike, then was confused when 6 different people, all riders gave him an ,"are you f***ing kidding" instead of "awesome bro" or whatever reaction he was looking for

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
How many of us understood the intricacies of sport bike brakes as a complete newb? He ordered gear, bought a very beginner friendly bike, and is taking the MSF, he's light years ahead of most other riders starting out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
How many of us understood the intricacies of sport bike brakes as a complete newb? He ordered gear, bought a very beginner friendly bike, and is taking the MSF, he's light years ahead of most other riders starting out.
+1 He isn't being a complete dumbass, just ignorant.

I bet the MSF sorts him out on the braking issue..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts