Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 99 naked sv, I put the 3701 gauge pictured here:

The tac on mine works great! I tapped all my connections at the factory gauge plug, except i ran power, and ground to the battery. It says if the tac gets jumpy to wire a 1 meg ohm resistor between the factory tac wire, and the gauge wire. I mounted my speedo sensor on the swingarm, and the magnet in the sprocket. It works great! I went with the 3700/3900 series because there is no depth to it, but it is a lot easier to read!

·
Registered
720 Posts
99pewtersv said:
I have a 99 naked sv, I put the 3701 gauge

The tac on mine works great! I tapped all my connections at the factory gauge plug, except i ran power, and ground to the battery. It says if the tac gets jumpy to wire a 1 meg ohm resistor between the factory tac wire, and the gauge wire. I mounted my speedo sensor on the swingarm, and the magnet in the sprocket. It works great! I went with the 3700/3900 series because there is no depth to it, but it is a lot easier to read!
Did you get the fuel sensor to work? I have an 01 so there's only 1 fuel light stage, right?

Did you need to make a bracket to mount the speedo on the swingarm?

·
Registered
74 Posts
There's an electronics shop down here at the University that had everything in stock. Let me know if you want me to grab the parts for you, I guess that goes for anyone else who needs them as well.
I am using a 2853 gauge.
Ahmed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
There's an electronics shop down here at the University that had everything in stock. Let me know if you want me to grab the parts for you, I guess that goes for anyone else who needs them as well.
I am using a 2853 gauge.
Ahmed.
Are you interested to make some side money making kits for us? I'd pay a bit extra for your time if you can make something nice that only requires me to solder a couple wires instead of making the whole setup.

·
Registered
74 Posts
okay give me a couple of days, I will figure out how much all the parts cost, it's been a while since I did this mod. hey if any one else is interested in this setup let me know I can either get the parts for you(no profit) or assembled.
Ahmed.

as an add on to the original post I mounted the relays by my battery and then I used the original sensor wires in the suzuki harness to send the signal up to the front of the bike. and for power, it's a clean setup.
and then spliced into them at the speedo end.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I finally had a chance to go down to the electronics shop.
here are the prices for the parts (canadian)
5 watt resistors $0.75 each x2
1/4 watt resistors 47ohm $0.10 each x1
1/4 watt resistors 24ohm $0.10 each x1
spdt 12 volt relays $4.80 each x2
plus 13%tax on all parts

You can call them directly and have them shipped to you, or I can pick them up and ship them to you. Let me know if you want me to assemble them for you.

the company name is Honson Supremetronics
tel. 416 967 9333

http://www.honson.com/Electronic.html

hope it helps;D
Ahmed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi
I am going to be building Enrico one of these over the weekend.
I figure it will cost between 20~25 bucks CDN including shipping to the US.
let me know if anyone else wants one as well.
Ahmed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Due to good reviews I have just purchased and installed Acewell 2803 on my '03 SV. The reason I purchased is because I converted from N to S and didn't like how stock speedo looked or mounted. I needed something small to fit behind windscreen.

I know this thread is old, but I thought I would share some things.

0. Wiring Diagram Click here

1. General picture of Acewell 2803

2. Alternate mounting location: simple bracket off of ignition switch mounting bolt (between ignition switch housing and upper triple tree).

3. Setting up tach:
a. Splice yellow tach wire directly primary wiring of coil. I used coil on left side of bike and connected to the white w/ blue wire.
b. Connect black ground directly to battery. I first wired to instrument cluster ground, but had a lot of noise (jumping) in tach reading. Then, I ran a wire directly from battery to existing connection (2 ground 'inputs', or 3 way connection), but noise did not improve. And finally, speedo ground directly to battery, and the tach ran perfect.
c. Tach set to 1.0
d. I did all my wire connections in parallel with stock speedo connector. This way I was able to keep the functionality of stock speedo and test all idiot lights and tach reading, to make sure they were correct.

4. Speed sensor location:
a. The manual states that it should be parallel to vibration source. Unlike other people, I interpreted this to be parallel to shock movement (perpendicular to ground). I can't see this being too critical because every point will be fixed (relative to each other).
b. The magnet should pass across the sensor at a single point, unlike sgf323's original picture. I believe this was the issue, and not that the sensor was not parallel to ground. So, with these two points, my thinking is you have 4 options:

Perfect location: but makes for a long bracket that was too flexible

Bad:

Bad:

Okay: No 'anti-vibration effect'

5. Current bike condition... almost done. Just finishing up license plate bracket and windscreen mounting.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can speak for the '03. I had to use the 'S: Universal Speed Sensor'. I'm pretty sure the '02 is the same.

imso, I'm very likely going to be removing my Acewell 2803 in a few weeks and putting the stock back on. If you are interested in buy used instead of new, let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can speak for the '03. I had to use the 'S: Universal Speed Sensor'. I'm pretty sure the '02 is the same.

imso, I'm very likely going to be removing my Acewell 2803 in a few weeks and putting the stock back on. If you are interested in buy used instead of new, let me know.
aw man! I just ordered a new 2803 with S cable yesterday... If only I had waited 1 more day... haha. Thanks though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have one issue i just bought a 2000 sv650 it has no speedometer and the signal lights dont work i was considering buying one of the 2700 would this fix the turn signal thing? if not someone help me out its my first bike i got it for dirt cheap and i have no idea how fast im going. and no way to tell people where im going. not much of a first experience scared the crap out of myself first flight home.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.