K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
73 Posts
Storz said:
Installing the Cyclops tomorrow on my SV :)
The Cyclops isn't so hot at night. It's like riding with a mag light straped to the front of your bike. Maybe OK for the city, but not for the backroads. Weird thing is when it's coming at ymou, it looks bright as hell.

The number plate comes off the Cyclops, not sure about the other. My guess is that is does.

·
Registered
200 Posts
beatpusher said:
The Cyclops isn't so hot at night. It's like riding with a mag light straped to the front of your bike. Maybe OK for the city, but not for the backroads. Weird thing is when it's coming at ymou, it looks bright as hell.

The number plate comes off the Cyclops, not sure about the other. My guess is that is does.
+1
I agree. I have the cyclops light. Not doubt it looks bad ass, but the output is less than desirable. I am working on a new bracket for some duals. I ride at night and sometimes I am not close to home. I need better light. I wish Acerbis would rediesgn their mounts too. I am not a fan of the rubber band mounts. There is little adjustablity. My lights point to low because there is no way to raise the assebly.
I can see now how they are a better for a supermot bike with limited cables and wires sticking out from the front of the frame

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have heard that if you swap out the stock bulbs in the Acerbis headlight for differnt ones that it drastically improves lighting, I'll let you all know how it goes. I just cant belive how long it has taken for them to come in, I ordered them 2.5 weeks ago :eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Storz said:
I have heard that if you swap out the stock bulbs in the Acerbis headlight for differnt ones that it drastically improves lighting, I'll let you all know how it goes.  I just cant belive how long it has taken for them to come in, I ordered them 2.5 weeks ago :eek:
Be careful how large of a buld you use. You can easily melt the plastic surround

·
Registered
720 Posts
Same wattage but I guess you use a flood instead of a spot or vise-versa...I'll ask the guy who told me about it over on cycleforums

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the diamond headlight they are talking about havving 3 lights
each being 20 watts for 60 watt total.

stock low beam on an sv is what 55 watts?
whats stock hi beam.

for the people who ahve done it what would be the highest watt bulb to put in this light with out melting.
i dont want to go to much and ruin a 80 dollor light.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kid Thunder said:
for the diamond headlight they are talking about havving 3 lights
each being 20 watts for 60 watt total.

stock low beam on an sv is what 55 watts?
whats stock hi beam.

for the people who ahve done it what would be the highest watt bulb to put in this light with out melting.
i dont want to go to much and ruin a 80 dollor light.
pm donniej. He swappe dhis out for alrger bulbs and had some melting

·
Registered
720 Posts
I ordered mine 2.5 weeks ago from my local dealer, they get it from Parts Unlimited and its been on back order for ever, supposedly it will be in next week, Ill keep eveyone updated

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Evan said:
It took 8 days, and that includes crossing the border to the great white north.
cool thanks :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
FilthyRich said:
pm donniej. He swappe dhis out for alrger bulbs and had some melting
Donnie did have some melting but I believe his headlight setup was a lower level wattage to begin with, something like 25/30. So that almost doubled the wattage. The cyclops already has a 55watt bulb in it, and I'm pretty sure the other one is too. So it "should" not melt by putting other bulbs in there as long as they are teh same or close to 55watts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts