Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=45947.0
So I was involved in an accident where this woman turned left failing to yield to me going straight. She was cited by the police. I don't remember my accident since I suffered a concussion and memory loss. Now the deal is she was test driving a car from a dealership. I spoke to the insurance company that insured the car and they are refusing liability since this was a test drive, saying she should be the one who is responsible for the injuries and the damage to the bike. I don?t want to put this on my collision coverage. I don?t have any information about the woman. Is this usual for an insurance company to do? Any information provided will be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hope you did not sustain any other injuries. My advice GET A LAWYER!. Call your insurance agent and inform them what happened. If the accident was not your fault you wont have to pay.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Insurance companies usually try to front so they don't have to pay. Get an attorney if you feel the damege to you and the bike are worth the price of a lawyer. If it is not your fault, you shouldn't pay, but if you fall for the insurance company's bluff, you will have to. If you don't get an attorney, call them and ask for a policy outline that says specifically that it excludes test drives, or where they got that information. If the insurance company isn't bluffing, then you just have to get a lawyer and go after the lady, otherwise YOU will pay. Remember, insurance companies are a FOR PROFIT company, and don't want to fork over a dime.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Get a copy of the police report....call the dealership and request her insurance information. She has to prove she is an insured driver to test drive the car. She should be the one liable...not the dealership....and certainly not you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Remember also, that in most small claim courts you can sue for up to $5K. Send her a demand letter. At the end of the day, SHE is the one liable, people carry insurance to pay for their liabilities. Threatening her with a $5K claim may force her to do some leg work to get someones insurance to deal with it.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts