Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone with a PCIII USB, have you tried the "Accelerator Pump" feature with any success? Any suggestions on settings that have worked for you?

Regards
Darryl

·
Banned
373 Posts
sell your pc3, its junk, you will throw fi codes in cold weather under really hard acceleration and you will throw them all the time if you enable that worthless feature, sell it now and get something that will be worth your money.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sell your pc3, its junk, you will throw fi codes in cold weather under really hard acceleration and you will throw them all the time if you enable that worthless feature, sell it now and get something that will be worth your money.
I'm guessing you had a bad experience, lol. What can I say, I love to tinker, and had to try it.

Did you ever figure out why the FI light was coming on? So far, I haven't had much of a chance to play with it, but with the appropriate map from the website loaded, it definitely has issues.

The reason I ask, is that I have ridden to work every day for the last 2 weeks in the cold (between 10-20 f), and have yet to have an FI light flicker at all. So far my only issues have been related to overfueling below 4500rpm, even resulting in stalling if the Accel Pump was active at the time.

Just curious.....thanks for the unbiased response (j/k)

Regards
Darryl

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
.... So far my only issues have been related to overfueling below 4500rpm, even resulting in stalling if the Accel Pump was active at the time...l
You need to get it tuned appropriately - are you running one of their maps?
Does it match your equipment configuration?
Did you do a TPS cal before you started? Did you then zero the TPS in the PC3 using the software utility?
It's possible that your table is just 'off' because of the TPS cal.

If you think it's already rich, why enable the accelarator pump?
Get the 'normal' fueling right first, then the accel pump adds a little more gas as you crack the throttle open.

I have it on my TL with the accel pump enabled and it works fine - no issues.

Not sure the previous poster seems so negative - if it was getting FI lights then something was wrong - possibly with the install!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
You only get the FI light burning on some K7 and newer models. If you search you see that there are only problems with the K7 and newer models.

I have one on my K3 and never had problems. I have a custom map and the tuner did set the accellerator pump feature on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts