Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got bike, as far as i know bike was running good condition, previous owner rode fairly often. texas weather so no real long breaks from riding.
seafoam in tank, with fresh gas. have not ran through the whole tank of gas yet. has been sitting for about 3 weeks while getting it track prepped. previous owner used premium fuel and i put in regular unleaded.

acting like redline is about 8500. sits and pings there with throttle all the way open, even sitting standle in nuetral.
if i'm low rpm and slam the throttle open it stumbles a few thousand rpms before it kicks in
if i quickly roll on the throttle it runs smooth.

whats wrong with it? gummed up carbs?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Doesn't sound like carbs particularly, however I'd check them anyway. I'd also check the plugs, the plug wires, the air filter, synchronization. If all that is good then it could be a fuel delivery problem. Check the vacuum hoses to the petcock and the fuel pump. Could be a clogged sock filter. If I were you I'd check it all out.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Dude.

It's toast.

You'll be lucky to get $1500 for it.

I'll take it off your hands for $500 LMAO

Seriously..........I'm willing to bet it's the seafoam. I will ask my coworker; he's a god on carbs.

Hope you get the bug worked out soon, at least for Monday ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the redlining at 8k is no longer an issue. i was pinning it against the rev limiter most of today(track day). first few laps it was still stopping at 8k, then something mustve gave way and went all the way up redline then rev limiter.
but it still struggles through midrange, i'm sure it just needs a rejet.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tape is temporary. till i can get the cash to get a jet kit. i had 2 track days this past weekend, and it was my first time running this bike(track only bike). 1st trackday noticed the problem, asked around, and tried the tape, 2nd trackday it ran great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts