Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a ABS delete kit for my 019 svx i.e. brake lines and module ?

·
MOTORADOR
10,935 Posts
I'm curious... WHY?!

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
if i had to guess...
1)track bike.
b) weight. complexity.
iii)some part failure (i would absolutely delete rather than buying a replacement pump or something)
Yeah, as someone who hates ABS I am always interested in this. WHY would I want ABS? I get that it can be safer but I keep the back end of the bike moving - ABS would just mess me up. As for what other people want ABS for... that's up to them.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
but then you're still hauling around the weight and the extra plumbing length
Since OP has not yet responded with the reasoning as to why and to what lengths he wants to remove his ABS, we can only speculate. At one end of the possibilities is ripping out the entire system, and at the other is disabling it by removing a fuse. Both are plausible with the little information provided.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I do like that the fuse makes for an almost switchable abs, but I, personally, would be eliminating such a system to completely eradicate the bike of the system. More of a preference thing that helps keep my mind clear. For the safety conscious commuter I get abs. And I had abs, as a matter of fact on my last bike, which I used for a 100 mile daily commute. I appreciated it. I also sold the bike.
On a ride in the canyons today I talked with my riding buddy who just went non-abs to abs. He misses the lack of intervention now that we are both riding strictly for enjoyment. He was really pointing out how much better my SV and his old gsxr was for how we ride.
I guess that's why I and most of us on this site can't part with these bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts