Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a bike with ABS Brakes. I'm just curious how many people here have ABS on their bike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've got them. And I love them. Ridden properly you'll never know you have them, however when you do need them man do they work well! I've only felt them kick in once when I was cut off by a driver that was oblivious that I was there. I did everything wrong. I grabbed a fist full of front brake. and swerved. Without ABS I'm sure I'd have found out how well my frame sliders and insurance worked.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The down side, if you want to upgrade the stock shock the controller unit is in the way. It can be done just more work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow, so you can just grab a handful and slam your foot down and still be good to go? Is there any sliding of the rear at all? Are there any downsides, other than the shock replacement thing?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, so you can just grab a handful and slam your foot down and still be good to go? Is there any sliding of the rear at all? Are there any downsides, other than the shock replacement thing?
I'm sure you can easily find yourself in a situation that will put you on your ass such as in the rain. But the ABS system is going to give you a fighting chance. And every little bit helps. I have felt the ass end slide out on the stock 220's while downshifting, braking and turning on cold tires. I usually do this at the end of the street I work on when trying to make the left hand turn light on my way home. But I just got Pilot powers. Hopefully they're a little sticker before the tire warms up.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I have ABS. On a commuting bike, I agree that every little bit helps. I can't say that I'll be 100% every day that I ride. Even if I was, it just takes one mistake by someone else and it can end real bad. In panic situations, I can't say I'll react the same every time.

I have an upgraded Elka 2-way shock and with a remote reservoir, fits just fine. I also have GSXR front calipers and that also fits just fine (with adapters).

The way I see it, if you are thinking of it, then go ahead and get it.

tk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got it. Love it.

There's nothing you can do about rear tire lockup if it's from engine braking but everything else is perfect.

I've jammed on the brakes on sandy gravel just to try it and the abs worked perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts