Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Thanks Kenneth for the tip. We will play with the shock length once the bike is built and see what feels good.
Hey TeeRiver, good to be back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great work!

Nice find with the second bike... it almost looked too clean to chop up, but a project is a project.

Loving all the nice shiny bits going on. Upgrades! Custom work looking promising too. I love keeping everything neat and clean.

For reference, don't SVR do clip-ons with rise to suit the GSXR forks?

Finally... if those black levers are up for grabs...

Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks DarkHorse. The bike is almost to clean to overhaul, but at the same time what a great base for a project!

Not sure about the SVR clipons. The issue is that the clamp needs to be a stepped clamp for the 06/07 forks.

If you are referring to the black/red CRG levers that came with the black bike, they are up for grabs!

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I picked up the new headlight from Motodemic last weekend. Obviously I had to test fit it first chance I had. The height is just a rough guess for now. Once I get the gauges, I can work on mounts and adjust the headlight accordingly. Also need to play with the wiring to make sure there is enough slack for full turn of the front end. The front end of this bike is really coming together thanks to Motodemic and their quality parts!

We are still trying to decide on some key components for this build so it may be a little while before another update. Once some decisions are made, there will be more parts ordered.

Stay tuned..........

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Small update.

Yesterday I order the new Koso gauges along with a few other small items like new fuel line, clips and oil filler cap. Once the gauges show up I will be able to start working on mounting them. Then it will be time for my favorite part...😒...wiring! Because this started as an "S" model there will be a lot of wiring removed from the front end. Once the gauges are mounted and and all the wiring is cleaned up, the front end is basically done.

Next, we still need to decide on the tail section and what we are doing with an exhaust. There have been many discussions about this and a lot of different ideas but we are yet to decide on one. This is the last big thing that needs to be decided for the design/build portion of the project so hopefully we can decide on something soon!

We have started talking colours but not 100% yet. We still have some time for this because the bike will be fully built before it is stripped down for powder and paint.

More coming soon...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts