Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the SV out for a trip to take a hike. Thought I'd share a few shots from the trailhead as the scenery was quite nice.

And one more from out on the trail itself

I really need to get tank bags, or some kind of lock to secure my jacket and pants to the bike. Strapping it to my backpack is a lot of weight ;D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
THat's on the Oregon side, right? WHich trail? My sister lives in Carson (WA), and I've made the trip down there many times (though on WA SR-14)..

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
ooo neat

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually spent a little time on both sides that day. The first 3 were from the WA side just past the bridge of the gods but very last picture was from the Oregon side.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
in 13 years of living here I still have not been there looks great though. Looking at your windscreen makes me wish i had kept mine.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Awesome, I love the Gorge. Of my one ride through there, WA-14 was so much more fun than 84. The winds can also keep it interesting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, I love the Gorge. Of my one ride through there, WA-14 was so much more fun than 84. The winds can also keep it interesting.
There is a scenic highway which parallels highway 84, but is a lot more twisty and fun. Check it out next time you are there.

·
Registered
854 Posts
There is a scenic highway which parallels highway 84, but is a lot more twisty and fun. Check it out next time you are there.
I'll try to keep that in mind, but it will be a while. Next time through the gorge for me, I'm driving a 16 foot truck and towing a car on my way to Texas.

Aww, sniffle, :'(, I'm going to miss the NW.

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes the old columbia river gorge hwy (senic hwy) is awsomely twistie, but be very weary of gravel and rocks. Its usually pretty good as long as its been dry for a while in the spring, fall, or summer but the rain always washes down the gravel and it stays for a while till they clean it up. Love that road, it used to b my back yard. Would get off work and bomb down, then back up :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
c'mon... enough with the teasing... what's the view from up there for us folks who have a slim chance of over seeing it? ;D You've had to have snapped some shots?
Haha, yes is was pretty misty up there (~9am) but I still took a few shots from the vista house. Tomorrow when I get off work I'll process one or two and post it up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow! Those views are incredible! I can't imagine being able to ride in scenery like that. Thanks for sharing! (and reminding me that 99% of my rides occur with a view of road debris and suicidal deer...):'(

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Really like your first pic. Great photos.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts