Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to all those riders around Charleston, SC, who've been giving me that one-handed wave over the past month.

Sorry for not waving back, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to be taking my hands off the handlebars at this early stage in my riding career.

Proud 3rd owner, 2002 SV650N, MSF/helmeted/jacketed/gloved with 300 miles in the past month. Hello!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
dude dont worry about it. Im sure they got pissy at first but probably came to the conclusion that you were a squid and didnt care. Im sure once you get around and meet up with guys they will understand. Besides if you have T-tags aint no one gonna say nottin

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Dont worry about it. Noone will get their nickers in a twist over it or lose any sleep I am sure. If your really that concerned a simple head nod is as good as anything.

BTW, welcome to SVR and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
No worries man. Most can tell if you're new or just didn't see them. I wave to everyone regardless if they wave back. If they don't return it, there's no reason to get upset so I don't think anyone else is going to get tweaked over a missed wave.

Although the Harley guy giving my group the 1 finger wave irked me a bit, I wouldn't recommend that move.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think some people do get tweaked over people not waving back. But let that be their problem...the cat probably ****** in their Wheaties or something! I second the head nod--it's not always as easy for another rider to see your salute, but it's safer!

Welcome to the community. Ride safe, and have a great time!

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
just give them a nod at least ;D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome, around here I hardly ever get a waive back from cruisers, but have gotten waves while being passed by sportbikes, even an old ratbike. I usually will keep my thumb around the bar and give a little wave with my clutch hand (not when shifting & using the clutch though).

·
Chief Greeter
28,566 Posts
Hi V-Man, Welcome to SVR.

No need to worry about waving or not, its like 50 / 50 anyway. You just didn't see them, lol.

Have fun and ride safe!

:fiddy:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
welcome, have fun in charleston, i miss that place. by that place i mean the trawler, vickory's, t-bonz, kilwin's, a.w. shucks, tommy condons, bocci, cominsky's, folly beach, isle of palms and a short trip to myrtle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are times I don't wave back either. Like when I have the clutch in coming to a stop, or I am accelerating, going through a corner ect. Just nod your head or don't worry about it.

Welcome to the group. I think you will find this forum a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i just give 'um 2 fingers up on my clutch hand, i don't take my hand off just to wave at somebody, if i've got my left hand on my leg or tank[low speed], i'll give a full hand wave...or a head nod at a light/stop sign

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
When my hands are occupied or I'm feeling kinda frisky, I'll wave a leg at 'em. That's fun, especially for us old timers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts