Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just joined the site
and just bought a 2003 Sv 1000S
so looking to find out the good the bad about this bike and meet a few new folks in the process
little info about me, I am from Northeast PA(usa)
ben riding bikes now for about 33 yrs, mostly dirt bikes however
have had a coupel different street bikes, but never held onto one long, kinda in the want one, so then get one, then don't have time to ride, and get tired of it just sitting there looking at it not getting used,so sell it,
and then repeat again!
over the yrs I must have gone through about 20+ bikes

I am very big into snowmobiling ATV's,and still into dirt bikes, hunting and fishing, and now again street bikes

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the site. I can't comment on the SV1000 but from what I read its a good bike. Its probably a better idea to get the good and the bad info about a bike(or anything) before you buy it, just my .02. Well anyway enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Welcome and ride safe. Now also join SVPORTAL. There you can ask away about the Thou. I owned an '06 for 5 years/35K miles without a blip of an issue and I rode it hard always, tracked it as much as I could afford. The '03 had a couple of issues(nothing major) that might have been taken care of. Remember that that year is different than all the following years in a few areas like higher seat, different subframe, muffler position ....
Have fun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, been busy to replay faster
I got this bike due to the chance and the price was a spur of the moment deal for me, it only has 3,000 miles on it , and the price was just I couldn't say no to it
so I didn't have time to learn the good or bad before buying
seems like a good bike

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome to the site! I also have an '03 1000S. I absolutely love it and haven't had any issues in the 4,000 miles I've acquired so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 03 that I bought new. I had the forks re-valved, adjusted the valves at about 25k, changed the oil and added tires. It has seen several track days. No problems (knock on wood).
Great bikes!!!
Just joined the site myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys,
sems like a solid bike, with only a few flaws to work out
I wish summer was longer now, was only 38 this morning, and winters a coming so, will be parking soon at this rate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts