Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apperently Fox news last night decided that they wanted to **** off every Canadian possable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

Standardly I have a good sence of humour aboot making fun of Canadiens eh, but this has made me absolutly furious.

All I have to say is, THIS is what our fallen soldiers come back too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm not Canadian and I want to kick the crap out of those scumbags.

Fox needs to save face and pull the plug on that show.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Fair and Balanced News: FOX

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
You're surprised? Really? You have to consider the source, man. It's not like anybody with a clue watches fox news anyway.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'm not Canadian but, Greg is an a&&hole.
All those people with him there on that panel all are ignorant people with voices.
You don't speak about a country like that.
Howdy Doody there speaks as a critic, just as everyone there.

My apologies to Canada as we are not all turds as these people on that tv show seemingly make themselves to be.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
If you've seen the video of snipers blowing the taliban off the mountains one-by-one in spectacular fashion, you might be interested in knowing the snipers were Canadian. At least the Canadians are honest about the state of their military, after over committing right along with the U.S. Our military is in not much better shape, but we will never admit that publicly.

Job well done, take a deserved break, and let us know if you're willing to lend a hand in the future.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'd rather live in Canada than this flubbed-up place we call the U.S.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
I knew Fox sucked, but that's unbelievable. We're lucky to have ANY help in this war, and you sure don't go bashing those that have chipped in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unbelievable, just when today, we returned the bodies of 4 more of our young heroes. Maybe not as many young men as the US has lost but they are just as lost, with grieving families here at home. God be with all the families of this ridiculous war, on both sides of the border. Thanks to all the great US friends who, along with us Canadians, feel the collective pain whenever one of ours is taken!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd rather live in Canada than this flubbed-up place we call the U.S.
Tomorrow morning, at dawn, put the sun on your right, and start walking. I am sure they will welcome you, and everyone will be a lot happier.

I think that particular show is stupid. I also think they made valid points, that no one will admit to seeing because of the offensive manner in which they were presented. Also, everyone always confuses soldiers with governments. Thats BS, and is mostly a discredit to the soldiers, regardless of which country you are talking about.

Canadian forces have a very distinguished record for service around the world. They lost 67,000 KIA in WWI, and 45,000 KIA in WWII. Almost 27,000 Canucks served in Korea with 526 KIA. I couldn't find reliable numbers for the Vietnam war with my quick search, but it is estimated that between 30,000 and 40,000 crossed the border into the US, and joined the US armed services.

The Canadian soldiers I have trained with were top notch. Thier equipment was not. The biggest thing that I learned from training with foreign services, is that they are all just soldiers. Different flag, different form of government, different religion/culture. On the other side of the coin, they have the same motivations; loyalty to thier country, a sense of duty, a sense of honor, and the willingness to sacrifice. We all had the same b!tches, too. Poor leadership in government, and top level Brass. Crappy equipment. Sh!tty weather in the field. Not enough training budget. Not enough libo. Not enough beer. Not enough pu$$y.

That said, the Canadian government is not any better than the US, when it comes to the equipment they furnish to thier combat units, and from my experience, a good bit worse. They are much less prepared for live combat operations, and they don't have enough personnel to rotate units and still meet deployment demands. Same situation with spares and replacements for equipment. The reality is, that among UN and NATO nations, the military weight is born for the most part by a small number of nations. The smaller countrys routinely contribute quite often to humanitarian and peace keeping roles under the UN's blue banner. These are not the same as the demands found in extended combat operations.

So, if you will ignore the idiot commentators, there are some valid points. Insulting the soldiers is wrong, but letting the government off the hook is just as bad.

Dan

______

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I'm really offended over this, not even because I'm canadian either, but by the sheer stupidity and brainlessness of their comments. Did they actually think anyone would find this funny?

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I'm really offended over this, not even because I'm canadian either, but by the sheer stupidity and brainlessness of their comments. Did they actually think anyone would find this funny?
Yes, they thought the retards that actually watch that show would find it funny.

*NOTE: No offense to any actual special needs individuals was intended by this statement. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's not the first time their lame attempt at political humor has decended to blatant insult and disrespect. To be fair (and balanced), the folks on the opposite end of the political spectrum are guilty of the same. It's all getting lame. Solution: quit watching tv and ride/work on your SV.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts