Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is the Gladius thread i thought i would intrduce myself.

I'm Madjohn and it would be nice if some one on this forum had a Glady apart from me.

I've only had mine for about 6 weeks but here in the Uk i haven't heard or seen any one who has got one.

On the SVportal there is only one so far and she lives in New Zealand.

A few more would be nice.;D

Madjohn.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
yay gladius owners

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just working out how to post some pics, so here's one more to see if i've got it sussed.;D

Oh aye got this worked out.

·
Registered
99 Posts

hello mad john, are slip on exhausts for these availiable in the U.K. if so do you know any british websites i can order them from?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hello mad john, are slip on exhausts for these available in the U.K. if so do you know any british websites i can order them from?
I only no of one so far and's that's Scorpion. To be honest i'd wait. There's loads of manufactures bringing out pipes for the Glady. Devil, Arrow Ixil to name a few.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Its nice to see Gladius rubber is finally hitting the road. I don't feel so lonely anymore.

I did a couple of things over the weekend. Took the chrome off the exhaust like Riririu. Also painted the silver bits on either side of the headlight to get rid of the "crown" look.

I also am going to take off this plastic bit next to the shifter and matte that out as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That's what i like to see, People modding there bikes straight away.

The only things I've done so far is Remove the GladASS stickers from my bike. (How Suzuki can call there new SV a Gladius after a short Roman sword is beyond me.) as well as the warning sticker from the tank.

I've painted my sprocket, sprocket carrier and rear brake carrier Satin Black to match the swing arm and wheels. I've got no pics but if you want to see the results i'll post them up tomorrow.

And as I do to all the bikes I've made a start by replacing all the nuts and bolts with Stainless Steel items to prevent rust. Started on the chain gaurd as i had some spares lying around.

I had a SV1000 for 5yrs and there is bloke how gets on the SV1000 portal web site called Chewy. He makes lot's of stuff for SVthous and SV650's. He sells Stainless bolt kit's for both bikes. As the SFV more or less uses the same engine from the SV models the bolt kit should fit.

Future mod's include taking a hack saw to the silver side panels. Keeping part A and throwing part B in the bin;D. The Bike looks much better when you can see the frame.

Evo Tech performance have just brought out a tail tidy to get rid of the shovel which is on the back, So that's going to be the first proper mod im going to do once I've saved up some money, Then it's going replace the pipe with something to bring out that proper V-Twin sound.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way, Nice bikes Riririu, cappler. They look good in black.

Suzuki Uk don't import the Black version:'(. By far the nicest colour.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations on the stainless steel bits. I'd love to see pics of some of the mods you have done. I have already taken off the frame covers and like the bike much better that way.

Did the UK have any other colors?

BTW, in case anyone is anyone is curious I tried out my cortech sport saddlebags on my bike and they fit perfect. I also have my daily Axio tailbag that works great and blends very well with the angle on the bike.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the recommendations on the stainless steel bits. I'd love to see pics of some of the mods you have done. I have already taken off the frame covers and like the bike much better that way.

BTW, in case anyone is anyone is curious I tried out my cortech sport saddlebags on my bike and they fit perfect. I also have my daily Axio tailbag that works great and blends very well with the angle on the bike.

Like you i've had the side covers off. There has been a lot of interest on SV1000 portal web site on what the bike looks like with out them. The bike does look so much better with out them.

The only other coloure we have are these.:-X

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Like you i've had the side covers off. There has been a lot of interest on SV1000 portal web site on what the bike looks like with out them. The bike does look so much better with out them.

The only other coloure we have are these.:-X

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
The all black one really needed that gold or maybe a red frame.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts