Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody new here hopefully here for a long time. My problem is gas spewing out of exhaust on my 02 sv650s. I am hoping I have a stuck float. I am going to spend my weekend rebuilding the carbs and changing oil. Does anyone have any ideas? Also I cannot smell so need the gf home to smell for me. She believes the crankcase smells like gas. Thank you for any input you might have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sitting for more than a day or two. Garage started reeking of gas. Pulled slip on off and tons of gas. Going to change oil after carbs. I was wondering if there could be another problem to look for.

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
... I was wondering if there could be another problem to look for.
The fuel petcock is leaking. It should only turn only when sensing vacuum from a running engine. Some folks have had luck clearing the small atmospheric vent hole on the petcock vacuum diaphragm. If that doesn't work, then replace.

Second problem, as rafa mentioned, is leaking needle/seat valves in the carburetors.

Fuel will only free flow if both the petcock and the carb valve(s) are faulty.

Kinda dangerous to have raw fuel in the pipe and garage with fumes, so take care.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot. Think that is dangerous. I can't smell very well and didn't know this was happening until I noticed the smoke and gas coming from the pipe as I was warming it up. Wow ha. Garage is aired out now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts