Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my oil on the SV650 a while back and to make a long story short, right about the same time I started having much more trouble finding neutral and getting in and out of 1st gear (particularly at a stop). Well, today I came to realize that my oil level was above the 'F' line in the window :shock: Not by too much...not so much that you could still see oil in the window with the bike on the sidestand, but enough that with the bike upright, the window was completely filled with oil.

so I changed the oil and filled to the correct level, and my low-speed shifting woes disappeared instantly :D

So I'm wondering what the consequences might be from running a few hundred miles with a bit too much oil in the engine. I didn't think it was over by much, but if it was enough to affect the shifting, who knows... Anybody?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
you ok, now that you got correct oil lever, what could have happened when it was high , was potentially blow a seal, but usually just spitting a little bit in the air box, and give you she shifting troubles you had

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I inadvertently ran an entire track day with my bike overfilled.

That was over a year ago - and I've had no ill effects.

·
Registered
105 Posts
might want to check the breather tube off the air box it runs down the left side of the motor it will fill up and soak your air filter with oil THIS will happen under race or trackday conditions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I came to realize that my oil level was above the 'F' line in the window....so I changed the oil and filled to the correct level, and my low-speed shifting woes disappeared instantly....
Ah man, you were set for some long, sick wheelies! Nexus242 ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put too much oil in once and oil got EVERYWHERE in my airbox. It made such a huge mess and shifting became a pita. It really just pays to just check the oil level periodically. My brother was behind me when it happened and commented on how it looked like a James Bond smoke screen, lol.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This was 3+ years ago...wonder if he blew up yet...

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
holy old thread again !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts