Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple of questions dealing with changing out the stock exhaust system on an 07. In order to remove the stock exhaust can, must you cut the exhaust pipe (past the two-pipe weld) running to the can? Is there a weld seam or joint seam under the chrome cover that sits just in front of the exhaust can? Is removing the stock exhaust a one way venture, or can it be re-installed? Any issues associated with the FI system or tuning if a different exhaust is installed?

I want to be sure I understand what I’m getting into before making any mods. Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
There are many threads on this...

I just installed my slip-on a few weeks back. I cut the pipe 2" from the weld slid the new pipe's mid pipe over the cut pipe and installed the can from there. It's pretty simple as long as it all goes like it's supposed to if your me it NEVER does.

Installing a slip-on from what I have read on here and heard should not require remapping. Bike should run fine with just a slip on when you install a full system remapping is required.

I guess if you fab up a mid pipe or weld the old exhaust back on it's doable but not just going to slip back on...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts