Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the SV community :D

I've got myself a 2002 SV650s (full fairing) which is in need of a pair of front forks. I've searched around, phoned some breakers and still not having much luck finding a decent pair.

I'm still quite new to bikes (only been riding a year) and so i don't know much (mechanically) about them still, which would eliminate the tips to do a front-end swap with another bike (even though i would really want to, just don't have the knowledge/tools/£££ to do it).

I've phoned Daytona Motorcycles in London and they've got back to me with a price for a brand new official pair for £760. Thats just waaaay out of my budget for forks, an sounds silly!

If you guys know a place or someone that has a pair of forks or a pair of forks that are already customized to fit SVs K2, please hit me back.

No matter what the price, would be good to see/hear about them. Never know i might just pay that extra lil' bit just to get back on the road!

Cheers guys and looking forward to your responses :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Have you tried ebay?

Also, a GSXR front end upgrade might be an economically attractive alternative; either that or find out who is doing that upgrade and buy their forks/front ends...

Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i've been searching on ebay for about 3 months straight now. They seem very rare on ebay compared to other forks.

The GSXR conversion would be great, but i don't have enough knowledge to be able to fit them.

G

·
you are in UK,right?shipping may not be cheap from here.
I just installed gsxr front on customer bike,I will ask him if he wants to sell stock ones.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Likewise, although shipping will probably be outta sight from Michigan to the UK, I've got a pretty much complete stock front end from my '01 which would bolt right up to yours. Technically speaking, it's still attached to my motorcycle, but I've got a GSXR front just itching to be put on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh.. Thanks guys for responding!

Yes, i am in the UK (london)

Hmm, it would be interesting to see how much it costs to send a pair of Forks to london from the US.

I am genuinly interested and have the money to turn the interest into action. If anyone would be willing to part from their forks for some good ol' brittish pounds, could you get some quotes/prices for P+P and also how much you would want for them, that would be great!

As for any gsxr front-ends... Same as above. If the price is right and the P+P is fair, i'd be more than willing to send the cash your way.

Cheers guys :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Madtone said:
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the SV community :D

I've got myself a 2002 SV650s (full fairing) which is in need of a pair of front forks. I've searched around, phoned some breakers and still not having much luck finding a decent pair.

I'm still quite new to bikes (only been riding a year) and so i don't know much (mechanically) about them still, which would eliminate the tips to do a front-end swap with another bike (even though i would really want to, just don't have the knowledge/tools/£££ to do it).

I've phoned Daytona Motorcycles in London and they've got back to me with a price for a brand new official pair for £760. Thats just waaaay out of my budget for forks, an sounds silly!

If you guys know a place or someone that has a pair of forks or a pair of forks that are already customized to fit SVs K2, please hit me back.

No matter what the price, would be good to see/hear about them. Never know i might just pay that extra lil' bit just to get back on the road!

Cheers guys and looking forward to your responses :)
I've highlighted in bold why... ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd deffo be willing to pay that just to get my baby back on the road. :( missing the sv goodnes on the road too much.

I'd be willing to pay for the items and a lil bit extra for who found 'em :)

Also, with regards to the items i need, just the front forks and if you happen to come across a left hand side gear changer assembly... that would be cool to have too ;)

Cheers guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts