Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to keep the "For Sale" and "Wanted" forums clear of old, dead threads without deleting older threads that may still be for sale or needed.

If anyone who has posted in either forum and their items are sold or they have found what they needed please modify you original post to include "**SOLD**" or "**FOUND**" it would go a long way to helping everone find relevant posts.

Thank you all.

- Lil Blue

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'd like to thank the mods/admin for maintaining this section.
It sure seems to be a valuable resource for many of us. Methinks us minions should do whatever we can to ensure that the marketplace continues as it is...

·
Registered
171 Posts
How come Americans spell it the wrong way? :p

·
Registered
744 Posts
We had this same problem on the Honda-Tech board. My idea was the mods simply delete anything over a week old. That way if you needed to bump your item(s) at least once a week to keep them from being dropped. It's worked out great for us there, and really helps to keep things fresh. Since we have less traffic here I'd suggest a two week limit for us.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Question: I was about to modify my title and saw the delete button beside it. Would that work for you as well if we deleted our old wanted/for sale posts?

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
03-SV650RR said:
Question: I was about to modify my title and saw the delete button beside it.  Would that work for you as well if we deleted our old wanted/for sale posts?
I'm sure that would be adequate too, probably better in my opinion, there is a "remove topic" on the left of the screen, on the bottom, that could be used for that purpose

edit:**please note: i'm not a mod and so my opinion doesn't mean anything, i am just a lowly peon (i'm sure fatass will remind me of that very soon)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Problem is a lot of people are lazy or forgetful enough that they won't delete them.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
zoltan said:
Problem is a lot of people are lazy or forgetful enough that they won't delete them.
just the point is, if they do either it is a good thing

**please note: i'm not a mod and so my opinion doesn't mean anything, i am just a lowly peon (i'm sure fatass will remind me of that very soon)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
FWIW, I beleive the Delete button only deletes your post, but the Remove button removes the whole thread. Assuming you were the original author. At least, I use the Remove button but as an omnipotent Moderator, my buttons are different than yours. SO maybe for you types of people, it won't work. Or maybe it will..........OK I got nuthin. :-\

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
you can set a remove button for your threads in your settings. if you're the topic originator, you can remove the entire topic no matter who has replied.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
stranger said:
you can set a remove button for your threads in your settings. if you're the topic originator, you can remove the entire topic no matter who has replied.

How?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
stranger said:
preferences -> look and layout perferences -> Show quick-moderation on message index as

Changed profile preference: quick moderation to icons, then clicked on icon to delete the thread.

Danke! 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts