Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An absolutely AMAZING track. Lots of blind rises, just point and pray. Completely worth the trip if you are within any reasonable distance. I left after class Friday, slept in my truck at the track, got home last night at 1:00. Here are my faves, might post more later:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
punkjumper said:
man I thought I was all knees and elbows on my bike, but you dwarf that bike!  :)
Heh, I was waiting for the big-man-on-little-bike jokes :) I'm 6'3", before anyone asks.
Newdriver said:
Nice form!

-josh
Thanks! One of the control riders didn't think so and dressed me down a couple of times about it :(

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I think your form looks good. Not perfect. The only thing is it seems like you're leaning away from the road a bit. Your lower body looks good but the upper should be down more, not just into the inside of the turn. You want your CG low... but, seriously, I'm not one that should be talking :p

Josh

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just had a disagreement. I'm of the pivot around the tank,  point knee down and lead with your shoulder school, he was the stick your knee straight out at a 90º angle school.

I thought higher CoG gave you more leverage to counteract cornering forces? It will make the bike squat more though, it's always a compromise.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much more obvious from this angle:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Good point. It is more obvious with the rear picture. I think I mostly stick my knee out at 90* but I need to be more flexible for it to be right on. I have multiple other problems, I'm sure.

I still stand by my thought about your upper body, though.

Josh

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh you're right about my upper body I think, I don't know for sure if it's bad or not. So far as the reason why, look at the angle of my head in the last pic. My eyes are rolled up to see straight, any lower and I doubt I could see very far in front of me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i've been wanting to go to barber for a while. what is the cost. i have a friend that has gone there a few times. last time a guy didnt signal his pit. they made contact then crashed. f'd his bike up pretty good. but, they came out okay.
how's the musem. i'd go for just that. we are having the art of the motorcycle at the pyramid right now in memphis. i need to go before it is gone.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it was $75 for a NESBA membership and $185 for a track day. For some that's the usual, I'm used to $75 track days so it was rough. I think Barber is just expensive to rent, it's a hell of a facility. SportbikeTrackTime has one there coming up I think, might want to look into that.

Pit-in is in a bit of an odd location, I can see how that would happen to your buddy. I didn't go to the museam, no time :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts