Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shopping and my head is spinning. The manufacturers' sites are terrible. No part #s or specific info. The vendors aren't much better.
1. Does Micron build a slipon for an 05?
2. Does Yosh build anything for the 05 with the zyclone baffle(non-race)?
3. M4? Everyone seems to like the sound but not much talk about how loud that sound is or how well they are built.
I'm looking for good build quality and mellow deep sound without being real loud, but shopping without touching or hearing them sucks.
My stocker with the restrictor removed was OK. However, my boss put a rather large dent in it with a Dodge Ram so there is a new can and a new PCIII in my near future.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you'll probably hear this a bunch of times...
but try holeshot www.holeshot.com
Dale does great work and answers any questions quickly.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Yes to all your questions. Now go google and search up more results

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot Nexus. I have googled till my ears bled.
Micron has no applications or dealer list on their web site. If they make one, nobody seems to sell it.
Yosh has an even worse site and the only thing dealers seem to stock is the race versions.
M4 has a good following, but the only comments about them are that they sound good, nothing about sound level or fit and finish.
I'm looking for someone who has recently purchased one of these pipes to give me their impression or a lead to a reputable dealer who stocks them.
I will look into the Holeshot Damo. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I can't speak about the '05 products offered by the various companies, but I'll tell you what I know.

1. I think Micron only makes full systems for the SV
2. Yosh does make exhausts (slip-on and full) for the SV with Zyclone baffles
3. The M4 is made well, and has a deep, mellow sound. It is not one of the louder exhausts, IMO. I had one (full race mount) on my 2000 for a while and had expected it to be louder, actually.

Holeshot has a much louder, raspier sound. If you want a deep exhaust note, I'd go with Yosh or M4.

I've also heard a lot of people have had good success with www.pipecity.com

www.oneidasuzuki.com also has a good selection and good pricing.

Hope this helps, but again, I don't know much about their '05 offerings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the quiet stock exhaust as I don't want attention when I am running the bike hard, but as far as sound quality my favourite is the M4. It's a nice deep throaty sound. I think it is pretty close to what you want in your description. A friend was running the Holeshot and it is louder with what I would describe as a "snarl" quality to the sound.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The M4 cans are much louder than stock, for sure. Obnoxious... no. I ride with my father all the time, and he is not a big fan of loud pipes. According to him, the bike is pretty quiet when cruising, but does make some noise when I get on it. Overall, the sound is pretty deep and mellow, sort of like a Flowie on a 4th gen F body. Buy one now ;D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll add a +1 for the M4 pipe. I have a highmount can and love the look and sound of the pipe. Its a very deep sounding exhaust, way louder than a stock but much quieter than say a micron. My friend has a micron on his sv and you can hear it comming more than mine. yosh is by far the quietest of the three. for the price I dont think you can beat the M4...

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Another vote for the M4 here. I love the sound and it is not that loud. Build quality is top notch and it's cheap to boot. 8)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's just what I expected from you guys. M4 it is. Now is it a slip on or a full system?
Thanks again guys.

Oh, and Nexus, I know we all have bad days..............................but at least I didn't ask "what oil?"

·
Registered
551 Posts
+1 on holeshot...
the products are top-notch and the customer service is the best u will ever experience

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out this link for some footage of a trip we did earlier this year in Australia. It's a ride by clip and the different pipes in order of passing are, starting the yellow k2: stock, Two Brothers, stock, Remus Grand Prix (mine), stock, (kwaka), de-baffled stock, (cbr), Staintune.

www.cogweb.net.au/keyser/bikes/video/take1.wmv

Staintune is an Australian manufacturer whose pipes are all stainless steel and come with a removeable baffle. Very high quality unit, and website is www.staintune.com.au

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
FatCat said:
That's just what I expected from you guys. M4 it is. Now is it a slip on or a full system?
Thanks again guys.
I just went with a slip on. Didn't feel like spending the cash for a full system and a PC. Doing just the plip on doesn't need the PC.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
If you have the cash, and already plan on the PCIII, then get the full. M4 makes some beautiful headers, and really makes a performance difference you can feel.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was told specifically that Yoshimura no longer makes the Zyclone for the SV.
The '05 is the same as the '04 and '03 so you should be able to see proper fitment from this.
As far as the others...you probably had enough replies with decent info.
Check out www.morepoweracing.com
They had some great info on a quieter baffle for the systems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts