Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Is it any more detailed then the actually Suzuki downloadable service manual?

·
Registered
358 Posts
No its actually pretty confusing considering it runs from carbed engines to fuel injected ones. It also seems to only give metric calculations for fluids which isnt much help to those of us in the USA.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It also seems to only give metric calculations for fluids which isnt much help to those of us in the USA.
Evolve or dissapear :p Just kidding!

I bought it to help me when I install the LSL conversion on the ABS one and was hoping to get more info about the ABS system, but out of telling me I need a vacuum operated brake bleeder to bleed the ABS system, the book did not tell me more.

Makes amazing bathroom reading though!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No its actually pretty confusing considering it runs from carbed engines to fuel injected ones. It also seems to only give metric calculations for fluids which isnt much help to those of us in the USA.
The "quarts" of Castrol syth blend I bought from the local Suzuki dealer are actually LITER containers, with handy 1/4 liter makings on the side. Two full ones + 3/4 of another equals 2.75 L, close enough when changing the oil and filter. My torque wrench from Sears has values in ft.lbs. on one side, and NM's on the other, so the metric biased Haynes works just fine.

Paladin

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dont get me wrong the Haynes is useable but the suzuki one you can download is much more informative. Also I'm to burnt to learn the metric system now.???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts