Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So brands such as "Lysol" claim eradication of 99.9% of germs and bacteria. So what's up with that other .1%? Just pondering as I clean the downstairs lavatory........

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I would like to know exactly how they determine it kills 99.9% of germs.

I think these accusations are made on statistics, and everyone knows 75% of statistics are wrong 99% of the time. ;)

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The real question is, why are TV commercials so much louder than the TV show you are currently trying to enjoy?
Good question but not the real issue here - where is that other .1% germ?;D

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
The real question is, why are TV commercials so much louder than the TV show you are currently trying to enjoy?
I have noticed that some commercials are almost 2X louder than all the rest, and it's usually a cheap dealership commercial.

They should regulate that Sh*t.

[sorry.../un.Thread Jack/]

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
that .1% is to protect their arses. If you use their product and you still get a superbug, they can say that that germ was the .1% it didn't kill. (That goes for ANY germ...it's just a legal precaution IMO.)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'm fairly certain that they mean to say that it kills 99.9% of _TYPES_ of bacteria. Considering they have no way of knowing how a user would administer their product, nor how many bacteria were there to begin with, it would be very silly of them to claim that on a given sink/ counter/ etc it will kill 99.9% of the bacteria present.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts