Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
As I'm sure others have told you an SV650 is a pretty spicy meatball for a first ride. Not that you won't be successful, but first take the MSF course on one of their bikes, maybe a couple of times, and practice, practice, practice before you venture out into traffic. The SV is a powerful sport bike with potentially upsetting amounts of torque in one direction and compression braking in the other in the first couple of gears. Combine that with a very narrow range of clutch engagement and you wouldn't be the first newb ever to get bucked off of one. The best place to learn is on a small dirt bike in the dirt.

Motorbikes are dangerous, ATGATT, 90% of accidents happen to riders in their first year, etc. etc. Best of luck to you, and please keep us informed.
Hear ya on that, I did pick it up with a great price and timing just worked out for seller and myself. Fully intend to ride with in my ability and not the bikes and out of the days of needing to impress people and lucky to have large close by parking lot. Plan on heading there early in the mornings after taking it around the neighborhood learning that clutch friction zone. Appreciate the tips.

·
Read Only
35 Posts
Its a Factory manual configured into PDF. You name it and its in there. Im Upgrading my rotors with Gaffer waves and needed torque specs so starting hunting and scored.

·
Read Only
35 Posts
478 pages contained in the pdf. Visible hole punches along the perimeter of each page. Looks like it is a shop manual.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts