Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Just purchased an 02 SV650S last night and am pretty excited to get going... too bad for typical Seattle rain. That gives me plenty of time to look through all the manuals... BUT WAIT, the seller couldn't find them in the piles of stuff (he was moving to Ecuador)! I was wondering if anyone could share pdf's of the owner's and service manuals with me? THANKS!!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Hey all! Just purchased an 02 SV650S last night and am pretty excited to get going... too bad for typical Seattle rain. That gives me plenty of time to look through all the manuals... BUT WAIT, the seller couldn't find them in the piles of stuff (he was moving to Ecuador)! I was wondering if anyone could share pdf's of the owner's and service manuals with me? THANKS!!
Torrent one at sv650.org. It's all PDFs there, IIRC.

PM for Seattle-specific mods. I have an '00, and have learned a LOT about riding in two years here with the 1gen. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me make the additional statement that I'm a Mac guy... Unfortunately, Torrent sites do not work on Macs due to the built-in firewall! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Let me make the additional statement that I'm a Mac guy... Unfortunately, Torrent sites do not work on Macs due to the built-in firewall! Thanks!
I am on a G5 iMac -- and use HandBrake just fine. Not sure what the problem is, but if you got what you needed, cool. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kind of got what I'm looking for, but still looking for an Owner's Manual and an '02 SV650S specific service manual... My work network is blocking the Torrent... i guess I should be working instead of surfing...

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can always buy a Clymer's manual. IMO, it is better than the one on the torrent (although it is good for the price!) Clymer's have always been worth the cost, VERY detailed and thorough

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't you need an '05 Owner's Manual? Anyway, I made a PDF for the 99-02 SV650/S if anyone is interested. It's kind of big, but if you have access to an FTP site I can upload it for you. It's set up to print on letter sized, not the teenie tiny original size. I printed it out and put it in a binder so it's easier to use than the orig. I'll save it at a little lower resolution to make it able to email. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send it to you.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
actualy just picked up a 99 SV a week ago :) Do you have the owner's manual or the Service Manual? If its the owner's manual I'd definitely be interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually have both if you want. PM me if you have an FTP site you want me to upload to or if you have another way you want me to deliver the files to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all, looking at a 2000 SV650, new rider and knowing this is now a 20yr old motorcycle curious on this groups thoughts. Bike looks clean and well cared for.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I really love my '01. Make sure the Regular/Rectifier has been upgraded to the cooler running MOSFET type, many threads on the topic. If you are planning on suspension upgrades, the G1's require a longer rear shock than the G2's, meaning there aren't any OEM take-offs that are ideal for it. I ended up biting the bullet for a used Ohlin's. More OEM shock options for a G2. Carbs are more finicky to get right, although they are nearly trouble free once you have done so. G1's are slightly shorter in both wheelbase and overall length, and weigh a bit less.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really love my '01. Make sure the Regular/Rectifier has been upgraded to the cooler running MOSFET type, many threads on the topic. If you are planning on suspension upgrades, the G1's require a longer rear shock than the G2's, meaning there aren't any OEM take-offs that are ideal for it. I ended up biting the bullet for a used Ohlin's. More OEM shock options for a G2. Carbs are more finicky to get right, although they are nearly trouble free once you have done so. G1's are slightly shorter in both wheelbase and overall length, and weigh a bit less. View attachment 54201
Nice I have lots of reading up to do on this bike. Looking at it tomorrow and if feels right will be picking up Friday! Will have to look at how to tell if that's been upgraded and check the threads here. -Thank ya.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
As I'm sure others have told you an SV650 is a pretty spicy meatball for a first ride. Not that you won't be successful, but first take the MSF course on one of their bikes, maybe a couple of times, and practice, practice, practice before you venture out into traffic. The SV is a powerful sport bike with potentially upsetting amounts of torque in one direction and compression braking in the other in the first couple of gears. Combine that with a very narrow range of clutch engagement and you wouldn't be the first newb ever to get bucked off of one. The best place to learn is on a small dirt bike in the dirt.

Motorbikes are dangerous, ATGATT, 90% of accidents happen to riders in their first year, etc. etc. Best of luck to you, and please keep us informed.

·
Read Only
35 Posts

·
Read Only
35 Posts
I did a Google search for a manual for my 1000 and found a free downloadable pdf. Im sure your year and model is out there to.
Screenshot_20200702-164219_Drive.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts