Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
holy freakin crap, WTF is suzuki thinking!!?? looks like i'm gonna be rockin the "angled for ground clearance, slightly bent and sharp as a knife" mod for awhile longer. unbelievable.

/rant

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You can get them cheaper but the cheapest I was able to find was $57 plus high shipping. I had one on the classifieds this last week and just got low-balled. I decided to keep it It hasn't even come out of the sealed OEM Suzuki packaging. They're real hard to find used, too.

I bought mine new 'cuz I bent mine when I was taken down by 2 Deer on the road. I figured for sure it would break when I tried to straighten it. Once I had the new replacement here, I put a piece of 3/4" x 18" galvanized pipe over the serrated part of the pedal and very carefully and s l o w l y torqued it right back into factory spec. It didn't break!

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
ahhhhhhh! this drives me crazy. why doesn't anyone make a brake pedal for these bikes? there's a lot of them out there, and 22% of them have bent brake pedals (including mine)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
ahhhhhhh! this drives me crazy. why doesn't anyone make a brake pedal for these bikes? there's a lot of them out there, and 22% of them have bent brake pedals (including mine)
mine too. but i like it. i can keep the ball of my foot firmly on the peg and use my big toe to apply brake pressure.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Mine broke a while back when my bike fell off the sidestand, Think I bought a brand new Emgo one on ebay for like $20 and I have no complaints, they probably made the oem ones for suzuki anyway.

·
Registered
434 Posts
GSXR rearsets

Changed mine out for GSXR rearsets, up and back about and inch from stock.
Still have the complete OEM rearsets in nice condition.
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
1. Cut off the "pedal" portion 2. Drill hole through the arm where the pedal was 3. Insert large diameter bolt 4. Tighten down nut from other side, a little locktite and you got it.

Plus the threads off the bolt give you better grip - WIN.

·
site supporter
6,050 Posts
I guess some folks don't understand the concept of "overhead." The brake pedal probably cost $10 -$20 to make. Then it had to get shipped here and some dealer had to pay interest on the wholesale cost of the part until you came alonmg and needed it.

If, as one poster sugegsted, you can get a comparable part for less, that's great. But when you buy OEM parts from a dealership, you pay for the convenience of having somebody stock the parts.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Mine broke a while back when my bike fell off the sidestand, Think I bought a brand new Emgo one on ebay for like $20 and I have no complaints, they probably made the oem ones for suzuki anyway.

a rear brake pedal? i've been looking for 6 months, and have never seen one. lots of shifters and front brake levers, but no rear brake pedals.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got my brake pedal from my local motorcycle wrecking yard. It only cost my $20.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts