Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
12v can do what I wanted, which was just lights, a fan, and a way to charge my phone. I haven’t ruled out adding a 15 amp hookup or an extension cord pass-through at some point if I ever want to run warmers or a mini fridge or AC or whatever.

A lot of tracks I go to (New England) don’t have enough hookups for everyone at a full track day, so not relying on them gives me a lot more freedom of where I set up (helps with the dog that barks at everyone) and no disappointment if I can’t plug in. A lot of guys that run warmers around here bring generators instead of relying on finding a plug.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks good, should be more comfortable. We had a 6x12 when the kids were racing, side awning, generator and roof-top A/C all to keep my wife comfortable. Found we were taking more stuff than we needed, after a couple of years went minimal, Kendon trailer and a smaller tow vehicle got us to our destination and home much quicker and with the gas savings stayed in nicer hotels. Kids always liked it more when mom went, she would use points and get Embassy Suites when possible. Nice trailers are great at the track, I just don't have the patience to pull a large trailer.

Good luck on the upcoming season.

·
Registered
926 Posts
accurate observation... i'm like "hey i have a 16 footer the tundra pulls it fine [buys 24 footer] shiiiiii i need to get a 2500"
Haha, that's the lesson my neighbors all need to learn! Come to SoCal: a land filled with folks who suffer from the 2-foot disease.
Dude two doors down from me has a big Ram 1500 that he used to haul his toys with. Wound up getting a huge "toy-hauler" (ironically enough) and had to get some cashed old F350 work truck to pull that. I find that interesting. And he's always irate at the lack of parking on our street.

·
Registered
215 Posts
But you’ll have it made at the track. Back in the day I had a cube van, load the bike and leave Roebling Road made for some oh crap moments. The van didn’t handle or stop so well and 15 minutes before was at track speed.

·
very big dumb
9,099 Posts
Haha, that's the lesson my neighbors all need to learn! Come to SoCal: a land filled with folks who suffer from the 2-foot disease.
Dude two doors down from me has a big Ram 1500 that he used to haul his toys with. Wound up getting a huge "toy-hauler" (ironically enough) and had to get some cashed old F350 work truck to pull that. I find that interesting. And he's always irate at the lack of parking on our street.
tundra can do it fine. just shit mpg and a bit slow. a heavier truck would have a much easier time. it's not a requirement, just a nice to have. lifestyle creep....

·
Registered
926 Posts
It's generally applied to people who buy boats: "I just bought a 28-footer, but that 30-footer sure looks nice!"
I've heard it applied to RV owners too. We're never satisfied with what we have... gotta get that next step up.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
817 Posts
It's generally applied to people who buy boats: "I just bought a 28-footer, but that 30-footer sure looks nice!"
I've heard it applied to RV owners too. We're never satisfied with what we have... gotta get that next step up.
Sounds like the SV crowd: "Finally have her set up like I want...but boy that new set of wheels would be sweeeet!" (sorry soulspinner).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
… I just don't have the patience to pull a large trailer. …
This is one of the main reasons I wanted to stay as small as possible. The bigger you go, there’s weight, gas, cost, etc. but I feel like the biggest drawback is the headache of it.

I have had the experience of helping friends/family move with my fathers old 2500 towing a 7x14 tandem (so the full 8’6” to the outside of the fenders) in and around Boston. On two separate occasions I ended up on streets that I had serious doubts about fitting down. Of course you can just plan to avoid those situations, but you get caught in a grid of one-way streets and it can sneak up on you.

The 6’ trailer is only a little wider than my truck.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts