Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novato girl's suspected killer raises middle finger in court
By Gary Klien

A Novato man accused of killing a 9-year-old girl with his motorcycle last week made his first court appearance in the case Tuesday morning- and began by raising his middle finger toward a bank of cameras and lawyers across the courtroom....

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12503303?nclick_check=1

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow... someone like that, sometimes I feel they should just be "put down"

·
Registered
925 Posts
This happened in my neck of the woods. Like the title says, apparently the guy has 6 DUI's in his background. Whoever said "life is precious" didn't take this scumbag into account...

He was twice the legal limit (DUI) in this incident. He hit a little girl and her father while they were in a crosswalk. Killed the little girl, and the father had to have one leg amputated below the knee.

Model citizen! I can usually live and let live, but this person is a waste of oxygen and water.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Now we'll be paying for him to hang out, watch tv and lift weights in prison while the father has to handle funeral costs and his medical bills. Quite the system we have. At least there's prison justice, and when those guys hear what he did, hopefully they'll take care of him.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
maybe the courts will get it right this time

this hits very close and revives bad memories for me, 13 years ago, one of my grandson was killed by a drunk driver, 8th dui for a 78 year old man who was an official in a nearby municipality. he recieved a 35 year sentence, the man will die in jail, he tried getting early release cause he has cancer, the judge chewed him a new one when he had his release hearing

hopefully this guy gets the same

·
Registered
920 Posts
Very sad. Makes me wonder what sort of legal maneuvering was done on his behalf in the past.

A family member was pulled over in February for DUI and goes to court this month. This person failed the initial coordination test, and then failed the breathalyzer. The officer then waited the required 20 minutes before administering the second breathalyzer test.....which this person also failed.

Following the advice of several others, the next step was to "lawyer up" and fight the DUI charge. Last I heard, the attorney is bringing in an "expert" from a couple hundred miles away to argue the accuracy of the breathalyzer analysis. Keep in mind that the testing equipment was calibrated and up to date.....and the testing was done twice. Also keep in mind that in addition to the breathalyzer testing, a coordination test was also given and failed.

The <cough> legal representation <cough> expects to get the DUI charge reduced to something else that will be more convenient and less expensive to the person involved.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt in this incident. Unfortunately, if the attorney is successful this person will have learned nothing except that it's handy to have some $$ set aside for a lawyer when pesky stuff like this comes up.

:angry7:

·
Registered
244 Posts
not taking the guys side at all here, but that doesnt look like a full fledged flip off..., media does this to hop the story up, tho, what he did was bad enough, i bet he was just sctratching his eye and they caught a pic,

·
Registered
786 Posts
not taking the guys side at all here, but that doesnt look like a full fledged flip off..., media does this to hop the story up, tho, what he did was bad enough, i bet he was just sctratching his eye and they caught a pic,
yeah, he was just scratching and I've got some ocean front property in AZ I would like to sell you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
925 Posts
I believe an obvious flip off would be ruled as "contempt" in a courtroom. It isn't that I think the media is unbiased; they are not. Like every industry, the media promotes the media...

That being said, even though I attempt to keep an open mind, I suspect this chickensh*t sleazebag knows the rules and how to get around them. I would have had more respect if he had the courage to be obvious about it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
well atleast acting like that won't win him any sympathy...

·
Registered
175 Posts
F*ck that. I hope they put his ass in gen pop. I give him 2 days...thats is 2 days too long IMO.

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah, he was just scratching and I've got some ocean front property in AZ I would like to sell you. :rolleyes:
Ive got one im trying to get rid of myself lol

you guys are prolly right, but thats the first thing i think of when i see pics like that,
either way, he should have his hands tapped to his but cheeks and his neck roped to his ankles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
either way, he should have his hands tapped to his but cheeks and his neck roped to his ankles.

Some how, I can agree with that... and I still feel pretty good about myself in the process.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
6th dui?
i had one in 1980, luckily no wreck, paid fines, went to a class, learned what a complete jerk i had been, and NEVER drove or rode drunk since.
2nd offense means you learned nothing and/or don't give a $h!t who you hurt or kill. at that point you should lose your driving privleges for life, and be jailed if caught driving again.
yes, this guy is a d!ck, but also our system fails to do anything about repeat offenders.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I'm sorry... with 5 other DUI's under his belt... WHY THE F-CK WAS HE EVEN ON THE ROAD IN THE FIRST PLACE? :BangHead:

Seriously, this guy needs to have his license revoked FOREVER, never be allowed to purchase anything with an engine and wheels, and be placed under 24 hour monitoring for the rest of his natural life.

Better yet, just kill the motherf-cker! :angry7:

·
Registered
919 Posts
hear hear! But not the usual way. Lethal injection costs so much money. I say burn him at the stake.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm sorry... with 5 other DUI's under his belt... WHY THE F-CK WAS HE EVEN ON THE ROAD IN THE FIRST PLACE? :BangHead:
Probably was driving with a suspended license. This is the reason we made a law in Maine that gives 3x OAS (operating after suspension) violators felony jail time.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.