Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother's sv has decided to be very temperamental when starting!
it started when were out for a ride stopped for a smoke then the bike refused to start, it was turning over but wouldn't fire. after a few minutes it fired up and ran fine with no loss of power until we stopped for fuel then it started over again. After 5 minutes we tried bumping it and it fired first time (thank god) next day we changed plugs lead ect. (Old plugs looked good no fowling or build ups) and it started fine, later that day it wouldn't start again. Now it seems to either go straight away or not at all. After pulling the bike part we have found that sometimes it will spark then 10 minutes later try again and nothing, ive checked there voltage to both coil packs and they are reading 12v. What is the likely hood of both coil packs playing up in this manner at the same time??? other possible problem i think may be the ignition pick up(but again both at the same time? and as intermittent as the problem is?) which then has lead me to the ICU unit (ECU or CDI whatever there called) we traced the wiring back and then discovered at Datatool 3 alarm spliced into the loom. When he bought the bike there was no mention of the alarm and he received no fob's. the alarm did seem to be active as it did go mad when we cut it out. But after further research i believe these come with a immobiliser which i have not been able to trace as of yet. But then again would this really be a problem after being unnoticed for 5 month ??? Anyway any ideas would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried Cdi on another sv and it works fine so not that. But I have found a resistor of some sort in the main wiring harness near the rear head is this standard? And also a blanking plate on a wiring connector near the starter relay it has two wire going in yellow/green black/white

1 - 3 of 3 Posts