Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced the same where your 2nd gear power shift pops out into neutral??
It will not happen if i clutch shift and get hard on the gas.
I've had this happen to me twice already....
My bike has 50k miles.
I've changed the oil on a regular basis.
Clutch cable is well adjusted.

Is it time to sell the bike before problem gets worst?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
When you say "power shift", do you mean keeping the throttle wide open and using the clutch? Or do you mean a clutchless upshift?

Either way, it's generally accepted practice to shift normally (roll off the power and use the clutch) from 1st to 2nd for this reason. Since you need to pass through neutral to get to 2nd it's common to not quite get there and have the transmission fall into neutral instead.

I've got a little work-around that helps but I don't want my compeition getting wind of it ;)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st, when you say "power shift", do you mean keeping the throttle wide open and clutch slipping the clutch? Or do you mean a clutchless upshift?

Either way, it's generally accepted practice to use the clutch from 1st to 2nd for this reason. Since you need to pass through neutral to get to 2nd it's common to not quite get there and have the transmission fall into neutral instead.

I've got a secret work-around but I don't want my compeition getting wind of it ;)
Lol,,,, ok i wont ask about your secret work around...
Yes I mean clutchless shifting.. I have done many times before and it had not happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts