Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm thinkin "what parts bolt right on" think the 4 pot front brakes are better than the SV's 2 pot's? think they'd fit?

G

·
Seems to me they did all the right stuff except make it physically attractive - that thing is buttfookering ugly.

Except the instrument cluster. Much nicer than SV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh.. and the swinger... kinda reminds me of the nightmarish TLS suspension....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it looks just fine myself... and its review didnt sound to bad.. love the instrument cluster. I think it will be a good contender for the SV.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sat on one today, the seat is narrow, and the bike feels a touch heavy, but the red frame etc really stands out when you see it in person.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Well I don't see anyone switching to the 650R from an SV if you already have an SV. Your not gaining anything by doing so.

However I think the shorter new female rider set will be the main customer clientle riding the 650R. For those on the Ninja 250R or 500R this would be a great step up for them. Good job team Green but I'm gonna bleed Suzuki red, white and blue for the mean time.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think it's pretty sweet. Very similiar to the SV650 in power, weight, handling, only in a modern, parallel twin format. But, I've got a thing for Bonnevilles and Commandos...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Well I don't see anyone switching to the 650R from an SV if you already have an SV. Your not gaining anything by doing so.

However I think the shorter new female rider set will be the main customer clientle riding the 650R. For those on the Ninja 250R or 500R this would be a great step up for them. Good job team Green but I'm gonna bleed Suzuki red, white and blue for the mean time.

i think the 650r looks nice from the side, but i dont like the front end.
i like the sv650s front end, the split lights look hot!

some said that the parallel twin has too much vibration, but the sv doesn't seem to be null in that dept.

·
Registered
324 Posts
yeah, the new Ninja 650 ain't purdy at all.

What the heck is with the 4th grade art class styling, ick. Now, the SV is no styling award winner either, but at least it ain't trying.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts