Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Dackler.... BUT...

-they have no listing for 2008 SV650.

-They only have listing for SV1000S so is S and N models the same tail fairings?

-I did a search on there assuming all second Gens were the same and came up with the part #s being one # different less that last 3 characters which i assume are the colors.

so im still unsure.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They're the same.
+1 Tail plastics from all 2nd gen 650 and 1000's should be interchangeable. I know the 2003 models had some differences in the rear subframe but I'm not sure if the tail plastics were affected.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
excellent news! Thanks guys.

Now i need to find out where to get the 08 SV650 Suzuki dark blue paint.
A good painter should be able to match the paint perfect. In fact, if the painter is good enough, it will look BETTER than the OEM. My painter friend did a "quick" job on my lowers, but they still look better since he used a thicker clearcoat. So now I have this problem of my lowers looking better than the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Seat cowls are the same. Like I said, all the painted parts are the same (except for the belly pan), some minor differences in the unpainted parts tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to bump this up, I've searched and haven't found. Are the sub-frames the same (or at least inter-changeable) on G2 1000's and 650's??? Thanks in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts