Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a '05 636 shock in mine. I forget off the top of my head what years are the same. You can check part numbers on a site like bikebandit.com

How much do you weigh?

-b

·
Registered
57 Posts
you are going to want a 05+ i know the 05 and 06 are the same don't know about the 07 on... yet earlier year will work but....

1. 05+ 636 shock is a different manufacturer...Showa maybe? Supposed to be slightly better than the older ones, but that's only from what I've read. I have an 03 on my SV and it's fine, did what it was supposed to do, and is a vast improvement over stock.

seriously how many lbs?

and I have a bunch of Pics of my install if you want them

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Any 636 shock requires the battery box to be cut. I had an '04 on my SV and loved it.

If you need the 636's spring rate but don't want to cut/modify anything, get a ZX-14 shock (any year). It has the same 9.7kg/mm spring rate but doesn't require cutting the battery box. Here are a couple comparison pics I took. '04 ZX-6R 636 is red/gold, '06 ZX-14 is black/silver:

·
Registered
57 Posts
any modification or bolt up?

Mod battery box... cut it a little put a spacer under the battery you need the bottom bolt and nut for the 636 and a extra washer or two for that bolt due to spacing with the dogbones.

i had to cut off a few tabs

little more than 1 1/4" off of the bottom of the battery box

then i had to make a spacer to raise the battery to clear the shock.

then it looks like this.

hope it helps.

-B

·
Registered
789 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts