Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Broadband VS Dial Up

• I always post from my mobile device.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
4,285 Posts
DSL here. If I was a couple of miles farther out of town than where I am, I'd be using dial up.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Sorry, yes I was asking you. FiOS is the only legitimate competitor here to my current ISP. For $54.98/mo ($44.99/mo basic service plus +$9.99 "boost" service) I get the speeds I mentioned before plus they unclamp port 80. I can host my web stuff and whatnot and have ample bandwidth avialable. No one I know personally has it yet, so I have no real apples to apples comparisons. I hear good things about it, but have heard some down stuff too. Thanks for answering.

· Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Comcast bites, especially their email server. Fricken dumps email that it thinks is spam ... doesn't put them in a spam folder, just doesn't let it go thru at all. I have a couple of customers that have comcast and I can't send them email to their home email address (where they had wanted to go) because of this; kinda like what this guy experienced: http://davmac.wordpress.com/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.