Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 years ago I sold my '06 SV650 thinking it was time to try something new. Since then I've owned a '78 CB750 (brakes and handling sucked in the 70s), Suzuki GSX650f (too heavy for commuting), Yamaha FZ6 (too vibey), Kawasaki Versys (didn't love the power delivery), Moto Guzzi Griso 8v (not agile enough) and a couple of other cruisers I've flipped. Despite riding faster, pricier, more comfortable, and more beautiful bikes, I don't think anyone has gotten a motorcycle as right as Suzuki did with the SV650.* Sure the SV's brakes aren't made by Brembo, the suspension isn't Ohlins, and the plastics on the Gen3 feel cheap, but the bones are great. Hell, $1000 will fix the brakes, the suspension, and give you a comfortable place to park your rear end! Glad to be back on this great bike.

Also, does anyone have a scanned repair manual for the Gen 3s?

*There Ducati Monster is better, but they cost much more upfront and in maintenance. Ask me how I know. Damn 7,500 mile desmo - Italian for "hard to adjust" - valve intervals.

·
Chief Greeter
27,936 Posts
Hi Juan1, Glad to hear you are back on a SV again. Yea there are a lot of bikes out there, but my SV is paid for and I am still having a blast riding it!

Have fun and ride safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts