Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of 12V leads and outlets here and elsewhere.

Have any of you put a 5-5.5V outlet that terminates as USB?

I would like to have a dual USB outlet for the MP3 and cell phone. The places I travel to sometimes do not have power yet and the ones that do have power would not be in my best interest to leave my phone or whatever unattended to charge while working.

Radio Shack has some stuff I could break down and solder but very expensive. Is there any place that has these reassembled.Or a how to solder up from let's say a USB hub?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I see a lot of 12V leads and outlets here and elsewhere.

Have any of you put a 5-5.5V outlet that terminates as USB?
Use a regular 12 outlet and this:
(click for ebay auction).

For 4$, fabbing up soemthing yourself is not really necessary IMHO, plus you still have a regular 12V outlet for whatever you want (they can also be used to charge your bike´s battery, for instance).

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Isn't technology wonderful.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I have 2 usb plugs in my top case, and a coax/sae on the side of my bike. I don't have anything that uses a standard 12V outlet, but still have one wired up in the tail section.

For the usb, I just *******ized some jacks, and put them in a project box from rat shack

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Use a regular 12 outlet and this:
(click for ebay auction).

For 4$, fabbing up soemthing yourself is not really necessary IMHO, plus you still have a regular 12V outlet for whatever you want (they can also be used to charge your bike´s battery, for instance).

Ciao
Jan
I have this + a regular 12v automotive outlet in my tail compartment. A cable runs up to the front to power my GPS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts