Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike was in the shop for some other work and the mechanic had to open up the gas tank area. So I said, 'Hey, while its open, can you take out the snorkel for me?'

Just had a short ride home but there is definitely a different sound to the bike. More rumble and it comes from the area where the snorkel was removed, front of the gas tank. Definitely louder, don't know if I like it or not yet. Performance wise, I couldn't notice any difference. We'll see, stay tuned and I'll decide after riding it around for a while whether I'll keep it out or put it back in.

·
Registered
480 Posts
if your bike is a first gen you would probably need a rejet to get the full benefit from the desnorkel. and one more thing - if you don't like it you're not putting the snorkel back in. you're getting a new filter.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
whats the point of desnorkeling if you tape up the opening back to normal size?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002r6 said:
if your bike is a first gen you would probably need a rejet to get the full benefit from the desnorkel. and one more thing - if you don't like it you're not putting the snorkel back in. you're getting a new filter.
I don't understand ... you mean I can't just put it back in if I decide that I don't like it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i took mine off and didn't notice any better performance. ended up not liking the sound and got a sv1000 snorkel. when i put that on i noticed a tiny bit of torque increase. i'm pretty happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts