Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here on svrider. In less than two weeks I'll b taking my sv from ny to fl. I have had my license for 2 months and have rode for over 3000 miles. During this time I also spent some time reading this forum and found most of u very helpful. My question is does anyone have some good roads to take, or any other helpful tips? My only plan is the coast oneway and the mountains the otherway. Thanxs!!:ears:

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Make sure to fit the blue ridge parkway in there. It will take you from/to the Washington dc area to the great smokey mountain national park and you can take us441 all the way into Florida from the BRP's southern end.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Starting and stopping points???

Va.
WV.
NC.
SC.
Tn.
Ga.

Camping or motels???

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I wish you the best, you should try to stop by as many of the tracks and take a pic in front of the sign just for fun. Just remember that it is going to be HOT most of the way and humid. Drink plenty of fluids. Be safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking up the brp now thanks, have no starting or stopping points planned but did a 500 mile day last week. Visting fam in fl so trying to make it in like 4 days each way. Thinking about camping at state parks along the way.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Where r u coming from?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
So there is quite a few trcks on the way. Take lots of pics and put together a nice little adventure. have fun. I would have met you but I am leaving for Portugal on the 25th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leaving the 16th, want to b in fl before the weekend. Myb we can met up. It's funny I haven't seen many sv's around let alone talk to the riders. That couch thing seems pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
First post here on svrider. In less than two weeks I'll b taking my sv from ny to fl. I have had my license for 2 months and have rode for over 3000 miles. During this time I also spent some time reading this forum and found most of u very helpful. My question is does anyone have some good roads to take, or any other helpful tips? My only plan is the coast oneway and the mountains the otherway. Thanxs!!:ears:
Although many don't like the road because it's crowded, I think anyone on a sportbike owes it to themselves to ride the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap at least once. Although way too crowded, it's an amazing road and a fun experience to visit a road with such a cult-like following that tens of thousands of bikers go to each year. I dislike bike nights and other typical biker hangout spots, but even I enjoyed the atmosphere at the Deals Gap Motorcycle resort at the bottom of the Dragon.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just try to do the Dragon on a weekday! It's bloody crowded on the weekends and the LEO's are out in force on the weekends too. It has a 30MPH speed limit on 129, AKA The Dragon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the dragon will b cool but looks like there's similar roads in the same area, like the one there but at a higher elevation. Checking out some of the tracks on the east coast but looks like I need some type of leather pants. Wondering if anyone has ridin the outer banks?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah the dragon will b cool but looks like there's similar roads in the same area, like the one there but at a higher elevation. Checking out some of the tracks on the east coast but looks like I need some type of leather pants. Wondering if anyone has ridin the outer banks?
There are no roads like the Dragon, its one of a kind

1 - 18 of 18 Posts