Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came upon this by google search for carb sink tool and it really intrigued me since the principals used on this cheap home made system is the same as expensive mercury based tools..Here is the site
http://www.airheads.org/content/view/183/49/

N

·
0 Posts
That is slick!

I have a mercury balancer set (Carb Stix) but this one looks to be more accurate since you eliminate the error in the gauge by balancing the vacuum level of each cylinder to each other instead of just comparing them to each other. Perfect for twins!

Another plus is that you use ATF or any other light oil instead of mercury. Mercury's about as eco-friendly as uranium these days.

Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nc_sv650 said:
That is slick!

I have a mercury balancer set (Carb Stix) but this one looks to be more accurate since you eliminate the error in the gauge by balancing the vacuum level of each cylinder to each other instead of just comparing them to each other. Perfect for twins!

Another plus is that you use ATF or any other light oil instead of mercury. Mercury's about as eco-friendly as uranium these days.

Thanks!

:)
You welcome!now can I have some Karma points? ;D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please mods make this a sticky since lot of riders can use cheap alternative.Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts