Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into putting some clipons on my 3rd gen sv. I had them on my 1st gen and they had risers putting the bars above the forks. Anyone who did this conversion how have you found that you prefer the hight? Also any preference on a 0 degree joint vs a 7 degree joint? Photos are great! Let me know what set you used, im looking at vortex and woodcraft.. Also post if you are selling a set!

thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just finished the pain in the ass of putting clip ons on a gen 2 naked. with naked top yokes raised clipons do not work, even oem svs clipons dont work, because of the angle of the pinch bolt on the yoke. I ended up have to go with straight up clip ons which is really aggressive but theyve grown on me. also had to cut the headlight bracket in half and rig it up to make room for the clip ons on the forks. not sure how similar it is on gen 3s but make sure you know what youre getting into, I didnt realise how much trouble it was going to be when I decided i wanted clipons.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Reach out to Blair at SV Racing Parts. I installed his 2.5" riser Clipons on my Gen 2 naked and it avoided most of the fitment issues people have. I'm sure he's well versed with any challenges the 3rd Gen may face as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dylan that sounds like a headache, thanks for sharing. I reached out to svparts to check on the fit. Looks like the clamp splits in half too so would be a super easy install.. will post a photo if it all pans out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im also wondering if the svs part from a 1st or 2nd gen would work, since they have the fixed riser?

·
Registered
72 Posts

This is my universal clip on.
It is possible to use the stock headlight support with it, but the levrs will hit the blinkers.
As I wanted a full race config, I just custom made new headlight and speedometer supports.
A lot of work but I got glad with the final result. Still needs some adjustment, but its ok for now.
If you guys need clip ons with some rise, one option is to buy an SV650X upper clamp and clip ons and make the conversion.
Clutch cable will be a problem, I replaced mine for a shorter one.
Any doubts just ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts