• SV is for racing only

• OP is dumb

• My custom welded / painted SV is too cool to show photos of

• Hi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the feeling a lot builds happen on old used bikes that need an overhaul anyway or because they have been dropped and it's cheaper/easier to mod then build back with original parts.
Which means, due to the lack of modded bikes, either SVriders are exceptionally good riders and don't crash or exceptionally bad and total there bike you can't even mod it

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I couldn't find a presentation thread for your bike here. Maybe I missed it, but looks really clean. Nice upgrades. Considering the work done, any specific reason you didn't went with cartridges? So you race just for fun on trackdays or in some sort of cup? Done any work to the engine?
In the German forum there is talk that the 645 V2 is quite is easy tunable and can make up around 95/100 hp quite stable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't do a presentation cos I couldn't be bothered, I was just busy enough in the garage doing the actual work before the season started. I didn't go with cartridges because they are not allowed in Pro Twins (my racing class). This is to keep expenses down for wannabe racers. Likewise engine mods are limited to adding a full exhaust system and flashing your ECU. It's 71.5 hp at the rear wheel. This is good for reliability :)
I have a long running thread in the racing section if interested: Kiwi's race reports
I understand that there are more pressing things to do with the time we have than presentation threads. But I'll take a look at your race thread, seems to be an interesting read.
I'll also search for your race class, sounds interesting. Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts